Happy Holidays Freesist Training - 11/5/2013

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Blaise, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail UO:Renaissance and welcome again to yet another Freesist (free resist) Training Session!
    This is open to ALL players. Please leave your grudges at the door. Anyone caught attacking people or stealing from them, will be banned from the training tower.
    We will be taking monetary or direct Meteor Swarm Reagent contributions starting NOW and up until the launch of the event, Tuesday morning (Pacific Standard Time), 11/5/2013
    If I am unavailable either Atraxi or Zyler (or anyone you can trust to hand off the funds) will be able to take your contributions and deliver them to me.

There will be gates provided to WBB, just ask for a ride in IRC. Delegates will be assigned for access over the course of the session which will run as long as there are targets to cast on and reagents in the box.

If you are unfamiliar with the process, you just stand there (bring nothing of value) and get hit with Meteor Swarm in a house, which at present, does 1dmg. Multiple casters will be setup to cast on a target spot, and recipients only need to stand in the blast area to gain. Bring all three accounts and let it cook overnight. Bring a friend or 5, all are welcome. We likely have enough casters on hand but if you've got one in the mid-90s looking to finish, let us know and we'll get them in on casting. I highly recommend if you are starting a new character for this, to start with 60str. If done properly you will likley never need a heal through the whole session.

Cheers and Hail UO:R!

I will start the contributions with 10,000 of each MS Reagent (300,000gp in street value)
    200,000g contributed by Corruption, thank you
    200,000g contributed by Godric, thank you
    50,000g contributed by Asmadi, thank you
    50,000g contributed by Zyler, thank you as well sir. :)

We have 150,000 bandages on hand. Please, for the sake of target by type, leave all the bandages in a single pile in the center of the target area. There is a locked down bag, raised above head height, with the remaining bandies, right in the center of the target area.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

*claps* Count me in! :mrgreen: I'll be making donations as well in the next week or so.
  3. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

You can count on Stormhold's treasury, as well.
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Nice - Ill be casting
  5. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

200k from Sosarian Alliance of Traders committed. I'll get with you to drop off a check this weekend, Blaise.

SAT will also donate fat stacks of bandies, quantity to be determined.

If I may be so bold, I'd like to request here that anyone who has a free character slot with healing, or plans on working healing on their character, please set up a random heal loop within the crowd. There are several means of achieving this; but the more people in the crowd that are handing out random heals, the less chance that people will die, the less chance that the people who die will mistakenly give counts to those who are casting. Its happened before; it will happen again, and its hands down the easiest way to avoid the problem going forward.

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:16
    Assistant.Macros.ForAction|20
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3617|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1376|
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:06.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
    This is a heal loop that has been very successful for myself and others at the last 3 resist sessions. It heals yourself once, then loops through 20 random innocent heals in the immediate area. It can be adjusted to also target greys or reds; though they tend to be a much smaller minority of the crowd.

Please, everyone, help the casters help you, and heal your fellow resist gainer!
  6. corruption

While having a higher HP pool definitely helps, I argue that passive regen is nowhere near fast enough to keep up; the number of deaths within the first 6 hours at the last party was evidence of this. I will gladly donate bandages to the cause -- but encouraging people to ignore healing leads to situations where casters have vastly higher potential to take counts. Cloth is easy to come by; SAT will happily be the benefactor for this -- but encourage healing... and not just healing yourself :)
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I got a shiiiiii-ton of bandages and plenty of healers to donate volunteer
  8. corruption

I'll sacrifice an acct for healing; don't think I have any chars in need of resist at this time.

If we can have 6 or so people evenly dispersed among the crowd healing consistently, we should be able to keep the entire party above 80% health consistently. The more, the merrier -- and the more we have in there, the more casters can be there, and the faster gains come -- but 4-6 should be sufficient to maintain health for everyone.
  9. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I can have 3 healers there. All my main chars and most of my house sitters have GM resist by now :D (all thanks to this awesome community of course).
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I believe with proper management of the casting party (setting proper numbers of casters), death can be almost entirely avoided. I think it's 4-5 casters tops. Once we start pushing beyond that, we may get faster gains but the risk of ruining the gains for people who aren't getting healed is too great.

Perhaps I'll minimize the target area to a 3x3 tile area this time. That way, healers can stand center tile and heal random or something.

Thanks all. I'll be around this weekend and beyond.
  11. corruption

I agree -- but in all 3 of the last parties, with my awkward schedule -- zyler and I were the only ones actively watching while everyone was otherwise idle... 3 casters can overwhelm the crowd in about an hour without healers. Really, my main goal is less about steady gains, and more to keep the situations where people generously offering an alt for casting end up taking counts by people who simply aren't paying full attention when they see a murder gump pop up from occurring. I'm glad to provide the bandies for it -- it just is a drastic improvement with keeping it possible with more healers doing so.

Isolating it down to a 3x3 would work well -- probably require less healers, but that should by no means discourage ppl from throwing them around.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

All casters will be friended to the establishment and any target that gets friended should be briefed on the situation that if they die, they should not give counts.
    I will not friend anyone to the tower unless they have been getting disconnected repeatedly.
  13. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

One suggestion that might help is to make sure all characters are Full when they begin. I believe that gives you the fastest rate of passive HP and stamina recovery.

Also, "Target Next" is a decent way to rotate through players for healing. It's not random -it literally goes through players one by one. The plus is it's a steady loop through players. The down side is you'll waste 6 seconds per caster, since it will see them onscreen too and target them in the rotation.
  14. corruption

Probably true -- but would only be relevant for the first hour or 2. Most people at resist sessions don't pay attention to that client at all, other than to check progress, so most would never eat beyond initially. Not a bad idea though; it is a minimal boost to the regen rate, but it would help.

Indeed, this is a better way to do it, and was how I had it set up 3 resist parties ago, near the end. When I tried to use the same macro at the next resist party, it fell on its face for some reason or another, so I swapped back to random heals out of frustration and never messed with it again. However, cycling one by one is definitely a better way to handle it.
  15. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

It may not be worth the effort, but you can certainly just pack 100+ fish steaks in your pack, and put a line in your macro to double click them after you begin a bandage. If you're full, it won't let you consume the fish steak, so you can definitely bring plenty of rations for a multi-day event.
  16. Marquis de Sade

Marquis de Sade New Member

I can donate some regs / money if needed
  17. Soear

Soear Well-Known Member

Maybe you could avoid a "wasted" 6 sec for a caster by using an if conditional based on the system message trying to heal someone that's out of range?
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Use bandage by type
    Target next
    Pause 1s
    If System Message "You begin"
    Pause 6s
    End If

This way you only pause when bandages are actually being applied.

The initial 10,000 casts are ready to go with 200k in gold contributions ready to purchase more. The training tower is now configured for a 3x3 tile target area and a single tile caster area. This will prevent casters from hitting each other and causing issues, as well as prevent anyone from being out of range. Any bandage healers should remain on the center tile in the target area.

Hail UO:R!
  19. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

I would love to join with 2 or 3 chars. One is gm heal/anat and can particate in healing activity if appreciated.
  20. Biff

Biff Member

Awesome - see you there!
    Me and my mate will be there with 6 new characters!