Hardmode Hunt 4 :Two Parter!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lord Krake, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello and Greetings everyone, Krake here of Project Sanctuary.

PS will be running and hosting TWO Hardmode Hunts. One that will be timed for USA players, and one that will be timed for EU players, as best we can.

Everyone on the shard is welcome to come and participate! Please commit to sticking to the playstyle that is laid out in the rules. Here they are.

HARDMODE HUNT

What this is: We will meet up at a specified city with NO GEAR and NO MOUNTS. I will then give everyone who is coming along a mere 250 gold.
    You then go buy TOWN GEAR only, nothing from player vendors, and no mounts. When we are outfitted we will gate over to the guild house, and then from there to a dungeon.

The ONLY things are you allowed to have on you when you show up for the hunt are:
    Newbie dagger
    Spellbook
    Blessed clothing or runebooks
    Personal, non defensive clothing.

We will run the entire dungeon, or at least as much as we are able to, killing everything we see and collecting better gear as we advance.

Tamers will follow the rules of "gather your tames while we progress", so no tames to start and you can only tame what we meet in the wilds.

I will have a character hidden in the last section of the dungeon somewhere, and if we get to there and you find him (reveal/tracking), and defeat him, we will all get trophies and whatever loot he happens to have on his body.

This is FUN because it will test our micromanaging and survival skills, as well as our combat techniques and how well we work as a unit.

So, if you can, please plan for this hunt and start getting pumped up!

USA - Friday, August 14th - 7pm Central
    EU - Saturday, August 15th - 11am Central

* Anyone can come to either of them (or both)

I will create #HMH in IRC an hour or so prior to each start time. Please join that if you want to participate, as that is how details will be relayed!

If there are questions, post em here or PM me. Thanks everyone.

~Krake
    Bixby Legbone, newme, MikeK and 12 others like this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I really like these survival mode hunt ideas!! Used to do these on Great Lakes and they could get really hairy, especially in the lower levels of shame.
    newme, Jupiter and Lord Krake like this.
  3. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

I will most likely go for this, I just wonder how the 250 gold goes into regs, if enough people show up the NPC vendors will sell out and then we only have 40 of each reg between all of us. Or is this part of the difficulty, like scavenge the wild?
    Lord Krake and Jupiter like this.
  4. Lord Krake

@1-1=0 Good question! We actually had this issue, where ALL of the NPCs were out of regs at the town we were at. Part of this is indeed the difficulty and scavenger part of it. However, I dont want mages to just be SOL, so if something like this happens, we will make sure to find some mobs to kill that drop regs before getting into the nitty gritty of the hunt.
  5. Lord Krake

Just as an example: Last hardmode we did with 250gp, I bought a one handed wep, 1 bolt of cloth and scissors (50 bandages) a few pots and an intrument, as I am a peacemaker. It was hardly any gear, but with a group of us working together, we all got geared up from drops by the end and finished the hunt, while taking down top level mobs.
    newme likes this.
  6. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

We could also, you know, wait in town for an hour prior to the expedition starting so that the vendors can respawn, even at highest prices 250g is enough to get a bunch of your primary attack regs and enough for some secondary spells like recall, mark, or heal
    newme likes this.
  7. Lord Krake

^^ The intent of the hunt is for it to be kinda hard and somewhat frantic; hence I wont be announcing the town until right before we start.

Players who are casters will feel the pressure, and shouldnt feel comfortable going out on this hunt right off the bat. None of us should. Recall wont be needed, as once we are in the hunt, we wont be recalling out for any reason. Mages will have to make the choice of more ebolt regs or more gheal regs to start!

But, rest assured, every playstyle will get gear and mats as we progress, and team work will be important. In the past everything seems to have worked out just fine!

Look forward to see people there.
    newme likes this.
  8. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

Maybe YOU won't need to recall, but I am fairly certain that blank recall runes are a thing you can buy with that 250g.

edit: or are you saying recall is just prohibited? If so OK.
  9. Lord Krake

Yes, the latter statement. The intention will be to start the hunt, and not stop until either we are all dead, or we find and take out the hidden character. Recalling around the dungeon, or back to town, just isnt part of the event. The intention is to feel somewhat uneasy through out the whole thing (no going back to town, no mounts, no one will be fully geared before we head out)! I am fine if people wanna get blank runes to mark places in the dungeon for later use, like if you are just building up your personal runebooks, but not to mark, and then go to town, and then come back. Gates there and gates back will be provided by designated people. Thanks for the questions, lemme know if I can further clarify anything!
    newme likes this.
  10. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

I, for one, cant wait for this event!
    newme, Valmour and Lord Krake like this.
  11. Lord Krake

Wednesday bump. Few more days!
  12. Lord Krake

Thursday bump.

All all welcome.

See you tomorrow and Saturday!
  13. Lord Krake

14. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Oh ive been wanting to do one of these!
    Lord Krake likes this.
  15. Lord Krake

About and hour now!

Joined #HMH for the details and to see where are going to meet!
  16. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

17. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Super fun! Was hilariously awesome
    Lord Krake likes this.
  18. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I only got to see you all off. I hope it was fun.

I wonder if my character is still hidden in Trins with his maps. ....
    MikeK likes this.
  19. Lord Krake

Bump!

Good work on the first part!

Part Two is tomorrow at 11 am Central for all you EU players. But anyone can come, so join #HMH around 10am!
    MikeK likes this.
  20. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member