has anyone tried in lvl 7 maps??

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mr. Mahony, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

To just lockpicks the chests/doors?

Can you steal the keys from bosses?

I get you won't get iron man completion without killing the mobs, just curious if you can get to all the chests without killing bosses.
  2. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

3. The Ferret of Baja

The Ferret of Baja Active Member

Yes -- I have tried. It won't let you target the door(s). I tried in pretty much every combination I could think, but was entirely unsuccessful. I think I recorded it for posterity, but I haven't published the vid yet. You do get the L4 or 5 chest that is outside, so that's nice but it is definitely not worth the 300 large to buy a level 7 for the stealth game when you can't get to the end goodies.
    Poogoblin likes this.
  4. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

Does that involve trying to steal the keys? Trying to understand the monsters loot table. If the keys are in the box does that mean they are stealable?
  5. The Ferret of Baja

The Ferret of Baja Active Member

Not for me -- my template is entirely T-hunter based. No stealing on Ferret...

I would be interested in someone with a stealth/steal/pick template reporting in.
  6. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

The thing is this isn't exactly stealth as you're going to unstealth when you steal and immediately draw aggro, at a certain point it may be a quirky way to run a map but you're likely missing out on a decent amount of mob loot and probably not doing it much quicker in the long run (I imagine even if the key is on the loot table you'll be likely stealing 4-5 times before actually nabbing it, meaning you have to run away far enough to hide, then restealth, then attempt to resteal)
  7. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Unless you can snoop the boss (can only do that on mobs with a paper doll) you'll be relying on random steal.
    So, if its in the box, you'll never get the steal that way. Random only works on top level of the pack and the box is unstealable.

As for the drop table. Considering how the key drops in to your pack on mob death (it does do this doesnt it?), I doubt it is in there.

Would be nifty though :)
  8. Mr. Mahony

Mr. Mahony Active Member

Key should be in monsters generated box, from watching keza and a few others running level 7 maps.

Wasnt aware stealing tales you out of hiding....