Hello everyone, we are missing UO:R !

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Shandril, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Shandril

Shandril Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello everyone :)

Some of you may remember us, others not, we are Dakota and Shaylie, we used to play here on UO:R every day, we streamed our gameplay on Twitch and posted our video's

on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtPmgUkQgurGS6xr9mKOS7A

We are missing playing Ultima Online a lot recently as we had a lot of fun there, we still do have our houses, we kept them refreshed every week :)

Now we just have a couple of questions if people would be so kind to answer for us. Please answer like "1a" or "2c" etc. Comments welcome too, please do not be too harsh! :)

1. a) Just stream when we play.
    b) Just post video's on our You Tube Channel.
    c) Stream and Post the streams on our You Tube channel
    d) Just play but dont stream or do video's.
    e) Not interested.

2. a) Play Dakota and Shaylie again from where we left off.
    b) Role a new character each and start over (Not including houses, we will keep those :) )
    c) Not interested.

We just want to see if people are interested in us doing any of the above again.

We will leave this post up for a week or two to see what people think before we start up one way or another.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out and especially if you give us your vote.

Dakota and Shaylie.
    Gutscrank, Arawn, newme and 9 others like this.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

The live stream was always fun but i imagine it was a pain to operate. It did bring in a lot of players and was an asset to the shard. Either way, it would be good to see you two around again!
    newme and ReZon like this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

pk's still exist here
    M3THMOUTH, newme and Keystone like this.
  4. Eldstorm

Eldstorm Active Member

Hey,

I saw a few of your videos when i was in the process of getting back to UOR again after a long hiatus!

From the point of view of someone who always wants to see a healthy influx of new players to the shard i would say;
    c) Stream and Post the streams on your YouTube channel

a) Play Dakota and Shaylie again from where we left off.

but if i can go outside the answers you requested i would say , only stream or post youtube clips to the extent that it does not become a chore or take away from you both enjoying the game itself. If you are having fun but not streaming or posting clips as often, what you do stream/post will likely be more entertaining if you are enjoying it.

And for the second question i would say play whatever/however you want. Jump between characters,create a new character, do different things. Im finding alot more enjoyment in the game since returning by not focusing on just one or two aspects of it. Im not exactly close to done with all the characters i want but im working on a crafter/resource gatherer, a peacemaking dexxer,a poison/fencer,two tamers, a lumberjack/swordsman,three fishermen,a lockpicker/cartographer etc...

You could make characters to compliment each others strengths/weakness in your respective templates. Perhaps a warrior with music and provo + a warrior with music and disco? Could be a ton of fun! Add in magery on both characters and you can summon daemons aswell,they are quite strong here compared to OSI ( where you summoned a lesser daemon ) and can be used to tank like a pet to some extent. Either way, go for whatever you would find entertainment in doing as otherwise you may find UOR and streaming/making videos more of a chore. :) There are so many different possibilities,and you also have the option of exploring events (Check the salty dog forum and player run events, a lot of stuff going on these days!) and such with guilds like TGC/KGC (The great council/knights of the great council) and PS (Project sanctuary) and possibly joining one of the many guilds on the shard.

So in summary,

Play however you find to be the most fun and rewarding!
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Arawn, newme, PaddyOBrien and 2 others like this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  6. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I like the streaming, but I also remember why you stopped playing and those frustrations are still in the world. So, I say either stream with a delay or just post to youtube. I love the characters you have, but agree with the sentiment that you should play whatever you want. The beauty of the stream and you two as players is your passion, discovery, and banter. These will shine through however you choose to do it. Regardless, we miss you.

So, I'd say 1b or c and.... 2 a or b.
    Gutscrank, newme, Eldstorm and 2 others like this.
  7. Eldstorm

Eldstorm Active Member

I kind of forgot to consider the PK aspect in terms of live-streaming. What Puck suggested with delaying the stream or strictly sticking to youtube videos might be a good idea atleast if you plan to spend the majority of a particular gaming session out in dungeons. Even if a majority of players at any given time would be happy to pretty much leave you alone, its enough that two or three people decide to hit you wherever you happen to be at to shut down your adventure unless you are part of a bigger group or have some nice people tailing you with the very hope and intention of fighting any would be murderer. :)

You could always choose to not live-stream in real time when you are dungeon crawling. If you can delay a stream as Puck suggested thats a cool idea,i know nothing at all about streaming myself.. But you could always stream events, crafting, fishing, AMIB's (From fishing) and group adventures/dungeon crawling. Overall i highly suggest taking part in group adventures as it would be incredibly appreciated ,probobly across the entire playerbase, to have these things recorded in video aswell rather than 3-9 pictures alone for an hour-two hour adventure!
    newme and One like this.
  8. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I would say for #1, either b or c - as cool as live stream is, probably only a small portion of people will be able to watch it at any given time, but a youtube video can be checked out by many people at their convenience. Just my two cents on that.

For #2, I am not sure - I never had the opportunity to meet you guys before you took your hiatus. I would suggest just going with whatever seems like the most fun for the both of you (or maybe even one of you keeps one char, and the other makes a new one?).

Just as an aside, this better mean you are going to finally decorate that sandstone house next to my library! :)
    newme, PaddyOBrien and ReZon like this.
  9. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Hi Dakota and Shaylie, glad to see your looking to make a comeback.

I did something similar to what you two had posted on youtube, (Keza's Gameplay Videos). I did look into streaming but my computer/internet couldn't handle it. Anyhow, I'd recommend only youtube as streaming adds a numbers of difficulties. Up to you guys though, the cons of streaming might outweigh the pros on a server like this ;)

As for starting new characters or staying with your old ones... Id say do what is most fun for you two.
    newme likes this.
  10. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

D, gives you no frustrations to have issues with.
    newme likes this.
  11. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Come back and do whatever works best for you!

But I like the streams so 1a and 2a so you can begin to explore the tougher side of the game beyond the newbie aspect, which is definitely fun as well.
    newme likes this.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

1c but only annouce pubic Stream occasionally
    Other times, only invite trusted friends to watch
    Eventually, you might figure out a list of trusted viewers
    Miss you guys!
    newme likes this.
  13. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

I guess I'll play devil's advocate here. Clearly you have some followers and you two are a nice couple, however...

If you like playing here, then play here. If you want to stream, then stream. If the real-time stream causes you problems, record it and upload it later. Anyone can stream playing this game, and while I'm not claiming what you are doing is uninteresting (I've watched you guys from time to time), the server isn't going to cease to exist if you don't stream.

Putting up a vote which comes off as you're almost asking to be asked back to play borders on attention-seeking. If you genuinely enjoy it here, play here and play the way you like, not how people tell you to like it. No vote needed.

So come on back, get playing again and enjoy yourselves. Life is short. Have a party.
    newme likes this.
  14. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Play as PKs and live stream it. I'd watch you all night long and be entertained.
    newme, One, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  15. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

Stream that shit, make me internet famous!
    Zyler and newme like this.
  16. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Wow, of course we want you back. As for live streaming, entirely up to you, but if me, I'd go for the YouTube thing.

About characters, one of the nice things about being able to have 5 per account, gives you room to try out different in game things and play styles. I don't agree with Merlin, about the attention getting. "shakes head"

I do agree totally with doing things you both enjoy and having fun.

So glad to hear from you guys. "giant smile"

Sorry about not voting thing, but, I feel how you play the game is up to you. If you do decide to do the YouTube thing, I think you might get more viewers. People here in UOR are from so many different time zones, would make it difficult for many to "live view"

Always, the best in whatever you decide

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt

Westra on IRC
    Zyler likes this.
  17. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

I loved streaming.

The only reason i quit is because Mes developed an obsession for trying to get me banned :mad:
    newme likes this.
  18. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Let out some steam :)
    Jean-Pierre and newme like this.
  19. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

You can shake your head until it falls off but it doesn't change the fact that typically when a player is on an extended break from UOR and then returns to the game, you don't see them first creating a public voting poll regarding their return to play. It takes just a few seconds to launch razor, log in and select a character. That's it.

They are welcome additions to the server, and instead of waiting a week or two as the poll suggested, just log in and play. Word will spread fast.
  20. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

As someone who spent EXTENDED time with these two in game and in their stream, I can vouch for them and say that they are doing this only to gauge interest and out of CONSIDERATION for people that may watch them. They only want input. Dakota and Shaylie are of the nicest caliber of people.
    Gutscrank, Kingston, Orange and 4 others like this.