Hello new server!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by yancar, Oct 24, 2016.

1. yancar

yancar New Member

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, I am excited to play UO again for my first time in years! This server is looking promising, so I hope it doesn't disappoint. I played Hybrid between 2002-2006 and also played RunUOs UO:R server, I can't remember the name. How much is this server like OSI? What are the gains like? And how is the PvP? Stoked! See y'all in game!
    Hawkeye, Xegugg, Avery and 3 others like this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Xegugg and Lord Krake like this.
  3. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Lord Krake likes this.
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Merhaba, yancar.
  5. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Totally disagree with that opinion One! :)

Dexxers are great way to earn some early cash and get into the action fast (barddexxers specifically). Dexxers are amazing at the NoH event, and do well in CTF if played right. They are a great addition to any team if there are no tamers or tames are not allowed on specific events (Hardmode Hunts). I main a dexxer and while I am not bringing in 60k an hour, I still have a lot of fun. Dexxers are also great for batteminers, and tier 1 and 2 of most champs.

Okay, end rant on defending my dexxer templates!

Welcome to UOR yancar! You will find this a great server and home if you stick with it. Amazing community here, lots of action and events. Staff is outstanding!

Make sure to join IRC to get to know us all better. And if you are looking for some start up help, join #PS and we will get you up and running here.

Cheers.

~Krake
    One and BlackEye like this.
  6. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

definitely second the bard dexxer for building wealth early. and highly recommend making any sort of dexxer (takes a day or two) and jumping into the Night of Horrors events. I was lucky to start right before Halloween a couple years ago, and really just running around hitting stuff (and dying too) you make good holiday coin and they're fun. Right now and Christmas are the two most profitable times of the year event wise, so don't let it slip by thinking you can't be of use in it because you're new.
    Lord Krake and BlackEye like this.
  7. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

Welcome to an amazing server. I suggest getting in IRC and Discord and talking to people. The Halloween event going on is worth a quick read as well, the times are posted and you should do everything you can to get there, because it only happens once a year, and is a truly special part of this server and what makes it great. Other holidays provide other events, however this is one of the best in my opinion.

Provo dexer is the way to go. Get trained up and goto the moonglow zoo or use someones occlo provo house. Ask around, people are very friendly and willing to help new players here. At least three guilds I can think of thatll help new players. PS, TnT, and TGC.

Remember every server is different, even if targeted towards the same era. Typing ! before something like magery (!magery) in IRC will link you to great information. Also bookmark this one, !guide http://uorforum.com/threads/one-guide-to-rule-them-all-one-guide-to-find-them.682/

99% of ultima online is preparation. Do this, and you will be successful, and save yourself mucho heartache. BACKUP YOUR MACRO FILES FOR RAZOR AND CLIENT!!! Ive spent hours setting up things to be 'just right'. Real time is dedicated to this game that you cannot get back. That time being lost on repeating things youve already done, could easily make you lose interest and never log back on when things go bad. Technology, right, it will.

Anyway, Welcome and hope to see you around. Mostly so I can kill you and take your stuff one day. So dont be too trusting of friendly faces. Its a quick learn here how fast someone will stab you in the back and dry loot you and your house. There are positive things here too, I just focus on these to help prepare. As i said, 99% =P
  8. yancar

yancar New Member

Thanks for the info everyone, I started a bard/dexxer and a swords/mage. Any recommendations on places to farm gold with a new dexxer? Or is Brit GY good enough?
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Depends on your playstyle. Usually you can macro your guy up and finish him. Then hit the profitable spots. But if you simply want to play for fun, Brit GY would work NORMALLY... but today will the halloween event start, and with that nearly all GYs will be occupied by special event monsters.

My advice: Macro a provo/dexxer for the halloween event (it goes ~10 days I think) and play on your second account for fun. You are allowed three accounts here.
    One likes this.
  10. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

Hello new player!

Welcome to UOR
    UOR is best bro
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

Lord Krake likes this.
  12. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

I also have a lumberjacker just for Noh! WOOT!
    One likes this.
  13. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I just started here. I don't think I'll be able to do the Halloween event. Maybe next year. Do they do things for Thanksgiving and Christmas, too?
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  14. yancar

yancar New Member

I just seen in IRC that they do 22 events a year or something like that, so it sounds like an exciting place when it comes to events!
  15. One

One Well-Known Member

16. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I should be. I'm training hard.
    One likes this.
  17. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

It takes like 48 hours to make a provoke dexxer...

Why can't you participate in halloween?
    One likes this.
  18. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I'm almost at GM music
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

Lord Krake likes this.
  20. Cordelia Black