Hello!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by moneytime, Sep 8, 2016.

1. moneytime

moneytime New Member

Hello everyone!

I never made an introduction here before.. and until about a week or so ago, I haven't played UO for about a year now. So I figure, why not now?

I started playing UO back when I was in middle school. Played for a couple years on Atlantic.. never really did anything "cool" like I have here. Like: 7x a character, tame dragons, own my own house, have black sandals (let alone neat colored ones like Holiday sandals!)...I tried to PvP then, I recall being decent enough not to die every time I fought but didn't win a whole lot either. I also remember being very tired every day in school because I would try and be quiet in my room, playing UO way too late on school nights and dragging ass the next day in school. I'm sure this isn't a unique story.. so yeah. :)

I recently started back up here again, pretty casual. An hour or few a night or two a week. But I feel the itch when I'm at work. So I know the addiction will need to be satisfied on a more regular basis soon... sad, lol. Anyway, I have several characters already ready to go across all 3 accounts. I dabbled a bit in PvP during my first stint here, the result was dreadful to be honest. Too slow now (is almost 32 old yet? I feel it) and too much beer or smoke usually when trying to play. Tried PK'ing too, tho I usually only managed to get my own kill if they were AFK, new or I was with a posse and that really don't count sometimes. Some of the most fun tho, for me, is playing a bard type character. Special thanks to Mr. Huzke for turning me on to barding. :)

Anyway, I'm on IRC as Mosshead and all my characters in game are named generically. Steve, Jimmy... stuff like that. Except a couple times I tried to be an orc.. Gnuts'ich and another who is in a faction and I don't know how to take him out. I've got this wild idea I might stay in the faction if not many others are in Minax? It's easy enough to replace low end gear with my tamer so it'll be good learning experience. I also have a treasure hunter. Grandmaster Infiltrator (that has to be the cooolest title) Mage Bard. I could pick those chests on the really hard maps for ya! After I relearn the game. I don't even remember what all my hotkeys were, etc.

So enough rambling.. send me a message sometime. New player needing some money or some help killing something.. or maybe I'll sneak up on you and get you with my faction guy! Anything is possible... any other Cubs fans? :D

See ya out there!
    Huzke, One, PaddyOBrien and 11 others like this.
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR! It is always great to see someone else from Atlantic.

Don't worry too much about being too old to PvP well anymore, I am with you there! I'm glad that you are enjoying your time here though, that is the important thing. Let me know if there is anything you need help with (or just ask here or in IRC, plenty of friendly folk about!)
    Eldstorm likes this.
  3. Eldstorm

Eldstorm Active Member

Mosshead? I think i've got a fishing villa just to the West of you on Dragon Isle. I always wondered what manner of swamp thing lived east of me. :)
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Huzke Truthseeker is one hell of a bard, an even better person and an extraordinary friend.

I must differ on the title, as I must say Grandmaster Demoralizer is even better!!

Welcome (back) to UOR!!!
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Welcome back Jimmy!
  6. Christoph Brock

Christoph Brock Well-Known Member

Good to have you back, Jimbo!
  7. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

I like this post.. Welcome dood
    Xegugg likes this.