Help With My Build

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by yancar, Oct 27, 2016.

1. yancar

yancar New Member

Hey guys,

I started macroing my fencer/bard and need some opinion my build is as followed:

Fencing
    Tactics
    Hiding
    Resist
    Healing
    Music
    Provo

I am basically having a hard time deciding whether or not to drop the hiding and taking magery but both prevail to be useful in many aspects. Opinions? Thanks in advance.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

anatomy is paired with healing
    it is also a significant chunk of your melee damage

you can review these skills and more by using the main website search function or dropdown menu

drop hiding... it will not save you here anyway
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

As werkwerk said you "need" Anatomy. So there goes hiding. You probably want magery for the occasional heal, invisibility and the all important Magic Reflection, not to mention recalling and gating. But if you prefer, you could stick with Resist over Magery. That's more or less a preference but Anatomy is a must for a dexer with bandages.
  4. yancar

yancar New Member

Right on guys, that is what im missing! Luckily I havent started my hiding yet because I was unsure, im going to switch that then and maybe i will split magery and resist so i can recall.
  5. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yes, you should either drop resist or hiding for anatomy.
    Lowering one stat for 30 Magery to cast off reflect scrolls could be a plan too.

Id go for:
    Fencing
    Tactics
    Anat
    Heal
    Music
    Provo

7th skill ideas:
    . Mining - Battleminers FTW!
    . Hiding - great to evade ganks
    . Resist - good against casters
    . Magery - very good in pretty much every scenario
    . Peace - why not? Peacedexxers are great
    . Disco - Hell, yes!
    . Item ID - Its a char quite suitable for AMIBs, etc.. why not ID a whole chest at once?

Personally..
    Id either go for a mix of 70 Hiding / 30 Magery (enaugh to cast recall and magic reflect from scrolls)
    .. or build a battleminer

Good luck!
    Jean-Pierre and Baine like this.
  6. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

I would make a suggestion...because i'm bored at work...keep resist high, at least 90 and then lower healing to 90 anat to 90 tactics to 90 (which is made up for with a decent weapon anyway) and then squeeze in 30 (reasonable chance to recall with scrolls) to 40.1 (100% chance to recall with scrolls) magery that way.

your main damage will be provoking monsters onto others so a little hit to your melee isn't a huge deal. but provoking without resist can be a pain I think. dragging strong magical monsters together so you can provoke them, in the seconds before you manage that if they both target you with 6th or 7th circle spells you can get dropped real quick without resist.

just my 2 cents, you're definitely on the right path however you decide to work out the smaller details.
    Baine likes this.
  7. Erza Scarlet

You can lower tactics and use weapons with +tactic mods.. for example 85 tactics. But make sure to hit 100 tactics with a weapon at least!
    Then you could drop resist by 10 points ofc. There you go... 25 free points for Magery, which isnt a bad start for recall scrolls.

Dont drop Heal and Anat, because you will want the bigger heals, they will save your life!
    Nor would i lower Fencing. Fencing + Anat will give you para blows.. they are good in pvm too, and lowering them will lower your chance ;)
  8. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

I'd suggest this build but I'd personally suggest peacemaking for the 7th, you can then easily kill solo monsters because they just stand there for like 40secs while you beat them to death
  9. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

a marginally bigger bandaid will not save your life nearly as often as resist. on a provo char heal is more for rezzing others, healing yourself once the monsters are occupied fighting each other or in between waves. sure some healing takes place with aids if you're trying to finish off a survivor monster, but a couple HP does not warrant gm heal and anat. instant heal from instant cluster damage needs to be a chug and either get a provo off or get off screen. and pray you have resist for that cluster damage. and 25 magery is going to feel useless when 3 red names appear on your screen. specially with that nice slayer weapon. so there erza! there! j/p ;)

...I mean it's been a real slow day around here...
  10. Erza Scarlet

Were talking abou 90 resist here, which is pretty sufficient if youve made some tests actually.

The difference between GM Healing and 90 Healing is A LOT however
    I agree that 25 Magery wont save you against 3 reds, but neither does GM Resist, and 0 Magery.

The whole point of this post was to find some points to get magery in the template, without having to drop other skills if youre read up on the whole thing.
  11. Riyne

Riyne Active Member

ahh I saw the list of 7th skills you mentioned and missed you were suggesting 90 resist as an option. still 90 resist tacts anat heal 40 magery > gm anat heal 90 resist 85 tactics 25 magery. but to each their own!

I actually did it with gm resist, 90 tacts anat heal and 30 magery. would not do it that way if I was starting again tho. too much death by fizzle.
  12. That Guy

Don't forget gate bots are very easy to setup to assist pure dexers.
    Cero and Riyne like this.
  13. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Quick guide for these? It's something I've never set up but always wanted to learn
  14. That Guy

I don't think there is a guide, but if you have a half decent understanding of razor it can be made easy for a simple one. If your creative it can be made very complex. My main gate bot was designed to operate out of a house had 48 possible locations, mediates, detects hidden and auto bans
    Cero likes this.
  15. Erza Scarlet

Just have a 2nd char on standby and make a macro to cast a gatescroll on a rune.

If reds show up, run... tab in fast.. hit the macro and run to the spot..
    Or you create a more complex macro which includes com. crystals.
    Cero likes this.
  16. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

did somebody say comm crystals?

[​IMG]
  17. Jimbowick

Jimbowick Member

In my hunting through the forums, I found Pork Fried Chickens PK guide in which he has included a macro for gatebot.. Can't for the life of me find it now though!

If I could possibly hang off this thread by asking how this sounds

Fencing
    Parry
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Mining
    Blacksmithing
    Tactics

Thoughts, fine people?
  18. That Guy

I use this exact build with mace for my battle miner and I have killed thousands of golems with no issues
    Jimbowick likes this.
  19. yancar

yancar New Member

LMAO, death by fizzle, oh too common and something I don't want to happen to me.

What are com crystals? I think I decided I will do a gate bot as I have done before, I just find it a pain after a while.
  20. yancar

yancar New Member

Thanks for all the input everyone! You all have been a great help with the feedback!