Hi, I'm new to this shard

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by musicano, Mar 24, 2016.

1. musicano

musicano Member

My first post, I started playing UO back in the second age era (Nov 99) on the Lake Superior server and have recently come to this shard (from another, but staying there as well) because it has some of the changes and patches that came with Renaissance, such as commodity deeds, bank checks, the different menu's for crafting, other houses etc. I'm glad this server only has a Felucca facet. Does this server have any target date as to the Renaissance era, my other server was T2A, but not JUST before it became Renaissance, so things like bank checks, etc- do not exist in it.

Right now I'm macroing a character with musicianship and magery as my two starting skills (getting intelligence and dexterity)

What about housing here. First it was discovered that you can attack someone within 3 tiles of their inside walls with spells, then it was also discovered that this limit did not apply to houses with stone floors. If I understand correctly, here you can attack within 3 tiles of the wall someone inside with certain attacks, but not beyond that, which I am going to like.
    Lord Krake and newme like this.
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UO:R! This server is basically pre publish 16 plus champ spawns and some custom content added. As for housing, you are safe if you're 2 tiles or more from any wall, simply because it has to be a purple potion to have a chance at killing you (meteor swarm and chain lightning are incapable of killing you in a house).
    newme likes this.
  3. musicano

musicano Member

So, purple potions can kill you more than 2 tiles away from the wall. Or just 2 tiles away. Can MS and CL HURT (but not kill) you inside a house. And, I suppose earthquake might be able to kill you if you are macroing a skill which damages yourself, that plus the Quake damage could kill you.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

EQ cannot kill you, if it gets you low you can die from training magery or something but you can counter that by adding "wait for health over 90" or something to that effect at the beginning of your macro. MS and CL will only do 1 dmg per cast in a house area.
    newme likes this.
  5. musicano

musicano Member

So which is true. Purple potions can kill you inside your house if you are within 2 tiles on a wall on the outside, or purple potions can kill you inside your house as far as they can be thrown (line of sight) into the house?
  6. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the shard.

We have a great staff here, fantastic player base, and lot of things to do for any player style. Sure you will enjoy it here . :)

Westra on irc

Marjo main in game., Governess of Wispfelt
    Pegbyter, Ducky and Jupiter like this.