Hiding skill affects the war mode

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Abercoby, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Abercoby

Abercoby New Member

In detail, when a character is in war mode and he/she successfully hides then it automatically changes to peace. Music also changes because of that too. I find it very annoying. Can't say if it is a bug because some eras considered this mechanism as intended. However i'd really fancy to see it "fixed" cause I think it improves the gameplay. Cheers!
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Also, you can attempt to hide, fail multiple times, tab out of warmode and instantly hide successfully, no wait timer.

Definitely need serious review of Hiding skill, re-use timers and the impact of War/Peace mode.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I kind of feel like it should be a 10s re-use delay in all situations, no matter what.
  5. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I actually like that hiding while in war mode puts you into peace mode automatically. If it did not, your character would auto-attack your last target if it comes into range, breaking the invisibility. Especially bad for archers.

Maybe there can be an on/off toggle...
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not a bad idea since this is more a feature than a bug. Ill see about adding this as a toggle on your player profile.
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I like it setting you to peace too. Ive seen that people with attack last macros can force you out of hiding by hitting that next to you and that seems broken to me.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

The failing to hide because of using the skill too close to a combatant shouldn't trigger a 10s wait, that's never worked that way, and it'd be a gigantic nerf to the skill. Hiding always toggled you out of war mode, if anything needs to be fixed it'd be to remove auto defending while hidden. That's annoying as anything.
  10. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This is currently not the case, failing to hide due to being too close to an aggressor does not yield any skill delay, and you can immediately attempt to hide once you're far enough away or have broken line-of-sight. Regarding the forced toggling to peace-mode from hiding, as I understand it, this has always been the case. The invisibility spell however I do not believe should force a toggle into peace-mode, which it currently does.

Regarding hiding & aggressors, it is not always necessary to exceed the distance check &/or the line-of-sight check in order to successfully attempt to hide. As long as both you & your aggressor(s) are tabbed out of direct combat with one another (this doesn't apply to pvm, monsters are always "tabbed in" to combat with you), you would be able to attempt to hide right in front of them or even directly on top of them.

Also, it is not possible to attack-last somebody who is hidden & cause them to auto-defend, resulting in them revealing themselves by means of wrestling. It's not possible to force somebody into combat (tabbed in) at all under any circumstances. The only exception to this is when 2 players engage into combat, while not already being in combat with one another for at least 2 minutes prior to that attack.
  11. Jack of Shadows

oh ok, I thought it was in relation to distance with the timer that was the issue being proposed, I was like NOOOOOO! I remember hiding from people by dropping a crafted bookcase in front of me to block line of sight, but I haven't tried it here. *goes back to minding his own business*
  12. Jack of Shadows

oh one thing that is different is that after hiding stuff will re attack you (like if I attacked an animal or something) Hiding used to break the aggro until you re attacked them