Horse-capades - VoP and Urk adventure!

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Jupiter, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Adventurers:
    Liberation
    Borin Drake
    Sir Orrin
    Balm
    Airframer
    Claidi
    Morin Oakston
    Noen
    Shadbak
    A THOUSAND URKS!!! (ok not a thousand, but there were a lot of them!)

===============================================================================================================

In order to help the Free Folk from the North, Paws agreed to deliver a shipment of seven shiny horses!

However, the urks had other plans. Dinner plans that is!

As we gathered at Paws to organize the adventure, the Urks unexpectedly arrived and scattered our first group of horses! With the horses scattered, it almost seemed our quest was thwarted before it even started.

Fortunately, the Mayor of Grimoire just happened to have a second herd of horses on hand! We acquired the back up herd from Grimoire and set out through the mountain pass, hoping to avoid any more Urk-encounters. But the ability of urk scouts is not to be underestimated! The urks set up several ambushes along the way and slaughtered nearly all the horses!

The urks ate well from this encounter, but the Freefolk still needed horses in order to help them till the land!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Huzke, Gnarl, Nadia and 5 others like this.
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can you blame them? You're walking their favorite food in front of them in a conga line formation. If you were walking a row of cheeseburgers I would attack you too!
    Xegugg and Jupiter like this.
  3. purple

purple Member

4. Jupiter

I'd like to say no animals were harmed, but clearly the evidence suggests otherwise.

A big thanks to Morin Oakstone for allowing us to use his home as a premise for this adventure. Thanks to Lib, the mayor of Grimoire. Although for the duration of this adventure he spent most the time poly morphed as a bear, it is more thanks to the time he has invested in hosting public events that he deserves thanks here. Without the help of Grimoire's full time npc stable hand we would not have been able to set the same atmosphere.

A big thanks to Balm and Airframer for not running off. This quest did start out a little bumpier than others. But they stuck with it and as far as I can tell went with the flow as much as possible.

And finally an enormous thanks to the urks for... Well... Being urks! They managed to slaughter every horse except the ones we were riding...

Cheers
    Xegugg likes this.
  5. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

Some great snap shots of the adventure Jupiter, note in the last image the touching moment between the wolf and the sheep.

Awwwwww <3

Perhaps the orcs and humans could learn a thing or two from them!
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Oh my lands! That is like text book Japanese manga-style focus and I missed it myself!

While the war rages with terrible ferocity around them,, the world stands still while these two experience an encounter which 568 episodes later will turn out to be the pivotal moment on which thousands of lives are hinged!!!
  7. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I saw you gathering the troops in IRC last night and was tempted, it would have kept me up way past my bedtime. That looks like it was so much fun.
    Jupiter likes this.
  8. Jupiter

Haha. You should never let that stop you! Most of the fun is had along the way. Even if u can't stay to the end, there's plenty of reason to join for a few steps!
  9. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Haha, I will see if that holds water with the missus the next morning when she is trying to wake me up for work at 4:30.
    Jupiter likes this.