House decay

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mercy, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Mercy

Mercy New Member

What is the actual length of time from refresh to collapse for houses? The site indicates two weeks but I was under the impression it was one week. I live in Central Florida and have been without Internet service since the hurricane hit last Sunday. I made sure my merry band's buildings were all refreshed last Saturday, but want to know what to expect if we are still without Internet service tomorrow. Cellular service is over-taxed and flakey at this time so tethering is not an option.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]
    per http://uorforum.com/threads/how-to-idoc.22254/

Also note the last paragraph of this next quote, as Telamon will make sure your house does not decay in exactly these kinds of situations. (natural disaster resulting in extended internet loss)
    RIN, One, Mercy and 1 other person like this.
  3. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Where are you at in C.FL? My family is in Deltona. I drove my mom and grandparents from my house (in PA) back to theirs just this Tuesday/Wednesday. I then flew back out of Orlando. They had power by Tuesday afternoon since they are lucky as they share a power line to a school.

Hope you get power back soon ;)
    wylwrk and Mercy like this.
  4. Mercy

Mercy New Member

Thank you, El Horno. Trying to search answers on a phone over a shakey cellular connection was not getting me anywhere.

RIN, I am happy to hear your family in Deltona made it through and have power. There are still many in that part of the state without electricity, and in other parts if the state including the Orlando area where I am. Much of the SW portion of Florida may not have electricity until next month. Since many are on wells that require electricity to operate, that means no working plumbing also. And then there are those unfortunate folks on the islands as well as Texas.

I do have power, the benefit of being on the same grid as a fire station, so I am not complaining about lack of Internet at home. The grids that touch mine are still down. I work for an ISP so I am well aware how many are without Internet right now. A little escapism in UO would be nice right about now but I have had clean-up to attend and plenty of tabletop games with which to keep myself and friends amused.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

Hope you recover well, and soon!
  6. Mercy

Mercy New Member

Good news! Internet was just restored and I just refreshed our houses. Many thanks again to El Horno for helping alleviate my immediate concerns for the buildings while there were more pressing matters to deal with. While hurricanes are terrible, particularly when it is a Cat 4 or 5 bearing down, it is always the follow-up that causes the most stress.
    One, RIN, Kendachi and 1 other person like this.