house deco tool

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jack of Shadows, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I can lock it down (maybe just lay it on the floor) and if I keep the menu up still run around the house and use it
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Also, the tool has 2 awkward limitations: it can't raise heavy items and it can only go to a max of z +16.
  3. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

^^^^^^^
    I don't understand these limits. I've done a lot of house deco since I've been here. As a decoer, I was excited when I heard about the house deco tool. I'll say, though, that I probably end up using the old fish steak/reg stack method more than I use the deco tool for the larger deco jobs.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think the 16 point height restriction is due to the typical height of a ceiling. This is easily overcome with a table stack and the tool allows you to drop from any level, down to 0.
    The weight restriction seems odd, but hasn't been a serious issue for me in any of the various deco work I've done. I have half a dozen of these tools at least now.
  5. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

The weight thing is killin' me.

I think someone needs to put together a decorating guide -- both Atraxi and Blaise seem to know how to do things I don't.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The heavy restriction we can most likely remove. And 16 tiles is the point at which things start to stick through the floor, however we could look into expanding this to 20 as well.
  7. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

That makes sense, INSIDE the house. However I've tried putting things higher than that on front steps, porches, patios, and balconies. In the right situation, being higher than upper floor level would look great.

Is there any way you could increase the height at which we can stack things in a house? On Voldeshard, fish steaks and regs would only stack so high, but I could stack ingots and ore to incredible heights on front steps, which I would use to decorate large house exteriors. I cannot do that here. Even ingots won't stack higher than the next floor anywhere in a house.
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

On voldeshard there were people claiming storage of vast amounts of items by way of relative location stacking on the same tile.

You can stack tables here to get plenty high up, well beyond the 16pt lift of the tool.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Correct, with ladders, stool stairs you can build to decent heights (128 z axis). Using small tables and some clever razor macros you can go beyond the normal limitations of stacking, with the trick being build from the top down.

This is something I built a long time ago on another server while playing around with the mechanics. Normally you can only stack chests 4-5 high, but with the use of a stool ladder, or ladder deeds we have here you can go even higher.

[​IMG]
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Ahaha! It's a 'T' elamon shrine. *commence building his own* 'V' stack.
  12. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

and i had most of them when it dropped :p
  13. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Arguably the greatest drop on that server, still being talked about here and there....