House Gone

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Freakzilla, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I lost my prized house on the Fire Island Peninsula. Im not sure what happened but i logged in at it seems as Fraggle has it up for sale. As far as being refreshed, my other 2 houses were just fine, yet all 3 were refreshed at the same time. I guess thats the nail in the coffin for me. Good Luck, and thanks for the years of fun.
    newme likes this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello player who refreshed houses and may have missed one. Sorry for the loss of items but maybe the grind to regear yourself will spark a interest for you to rejoin the shard instead of just collecting welfare plat.
    Ragar, PaddyOBrien, newme and 3 others like this.
  3. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

Stop being a pussy
    M3THMOUTH likes this.
  4. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

So basically you did'nt play as it is, logged in to refresh houses someone who actually plays would love to have? Riiiiiiiight.....
    One likes this.
  5. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

If you wait the full interval on refreshing you should always double check your refresh so this doesn't happen. Takes one more quick click of the mouse! Easy!
    newme and BlackEye like this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You've invested real money here as a contribution to the shard, but you're going to bail after one of three homes falls? Seems off, but cheers and have fun!

Though I really do wonder at these threads. I've seen them come up from time to time across multiple shards. Most times from veteran players, where I wonder if there's something in the code that makes the refresh flake out, or it's just human error. Obviously the latter is the most logical conclusion and I've never lost a house I 'thought' I refreshed. Only ones I wasn't sure if I had or not soon enough.
    Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  7. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Sucks to hear man.
    Player X, One and Mes like this.
  8. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your house falling. You shouldn't let it discourage you, it's easy to rebound on this server.

I fell victim to similar circumstances a few years ago too. I went around refreshing my properties and I didn't close the house sign gump going from once house to the other. I thought all was well but I must've misclicked one house sign and that property is no longer mine now.
    ReZon, newme, Halabinder and 2 others like this.
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

That's why I am ultra-paranoid when it comes to refreshing (especially when it's done only once every house-falling interval), i.e. multiple-clicks, multiple recalls when something felt fishy, etc.

I guess, it's not the main reason why you would quit.
    newme, Jupiter and One like this.
  10. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

Oh, its alright. That's what makes UO...well, UO. Actually, I was just being a bitch about it, tbh..., and I do apologize to the community for venting...As far as my collecting welfare plat...lolz. I wish I had plat! I do however own my own island in the PI, and have been in the process of rebuilding it, after the largest recorded storm to hit landfall in the history of mankind, destroyed 2 of my homes, and most of what we had. Still managed to play when i could, thanks to a couple of close friends. I still play when i can...3 accounts, 5 toons per account...15 different toons....the beauty of UO! Do you know everyone's alt? I don't...if i did I would say I had an amazing ability to remember names! Some people play for the pvp...some people like to hang out and craft shit....bullshit at a bank or someones house...craft. I know, right...crafting...wtf...lol. Some people like to even fish, or just sail around and kill dolphins. Some people even enjoying infiltration of guilds, dastardly deeds, and other accounts of debauchery. Ahh, the beauty of UO. Let that sink in...do you really know all of your pals characters? Anyhow....not everyone is a forum warrior.

ps...I hope the new owner takes care of it and enjoys it as much as I did. RIP "Boats N Hoes"
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Ragar, ReZon, newme and 5 others like this.
  11. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Even if real keeps me from playing lot,I try to refresh my homes twice a week. I have one character friend to all the homes, so don't need to log in muliple characters.

Hey, crafting is fun. :)

take care and sorry about your real life losses. That sucks big time.
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

Rough, losing a house with all your stuff hurts. I have a main keep, if I were to lose it, it would be 100% of my stuff and I would quit. However, It is UO and that is indeed what makes it UO. Even I quit, and I have before, ill be back. Just a game, and tons of fun.

Here. Howard Jones has a good perspective on it.

Halabinder likes this.
  13. M3THMOUTH

M3THMOUTH Active Member

My fucking Yew Gate House fell a week ago; and I had been idling around all week at the bank just forgot to refresh one of the houses.

Fuck it; don't quit and if you do don't refresh your houses anymore.
    Tpain likes this.
  14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

I lost a secure fortress full of loot while I was actively playing due to CY doors not refreshing, it didn't bother me in the slightest once I realized that owning land had absolutely 0 relation to how much fun I had on this awesome shard.
  15. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

@Freakzilla is a Gypsy Warrior not a quitter. As long as there is one Gypsy with a house on this shard, he always has a place to call home. We are already in the rebuilding process. See ya'll out on the field.
    wylwrk and Tpain like this.
  16. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

This made me warm and fuzzy inside. UOR HYPE
  17. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

Deacon is a top notch guy, one of my favorite OG's here.

Andddd as usual when I see Tpain I can't resist