done

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gideon Jura, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

3. Gideon Jura

4. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think its an interesting idea but it would probably take a serious amount of work to implement.

Since the server only went live last weekend, there is plenty of work to be done on issues that already exist.

That said, I would totally support something like this in the future as it will hugely deter people from keeping a house just for the sake of keeping it (you know those people who log in ONLY to refresh their precious pixels).

The aim of this shard is to perfect the renaissance era, not simply to imitate it. This idea would definitely go along with that aim. Just don't expect anything anytime soon (if ever) :mrgreen:
  5. Six

Six Member

My government never gives me rewards for paying taxes on time :<

GIDEON JURA 2012!
  6. Gideon Jura

7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a bad idea. But instead of taxing tiles or lock downs, think people would go more for it by taxing number of secure containers. People who can only afford a small, need gold to build characters. This way it would tie in more with how
    long the player has been playing. (I know lot of folks use smalls to hog spots or for vendor houses. This idea is mainly to
    help the newer player) If small is used for a vendor house, than tax number of secure containers and number of vendors.

Love the idea of house decorations.

:}
  8. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

I'm not saying that some version of this wouldn't actually improve the game, but this I don't approve of.

Not what the server claims, which means not what anyone came here for. The staff is interested in pertinent historical information; I think they're also receptive to good ideas. But coming in here and acting like this is a free-for-all fully custom shard that isn't interested in the Ren era is pretty wrong. I'd give you a B for content but an F for presentation.
  9. Gideon Jura

10. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I do agree about House Hording, seen it many times on OSI. People who could afford 4 or more accounts, and could buy built up characters and UO gold from EA store, owned everything. lol
    Before that, simply was a matter of not enough house spots in comparison to the player base. I remember when a placed small would cost 1 Mil. plus.
    But I also believe the staff here are trying to make things fair for everyone. That's why house placement is going in steps,
    and different areas scattered across map will be opened up.
    I would suggest perhaps, since we can have two accounts, that each account can only have three houses. That would cut down one player actually owning like two towers, three keeps, four castles and a vendor house.
    Or perhaps limiting the number of large homes (like the new keep and larger ) to maybe 2 per account.
    These are just suggestions. I have zero idea what is involved in implementing these sorts of things.

Thanks for the great thread.

:}