Housing Giveaway

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by HateCrime, May 27, 2015.

1. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Long Story Short: I'm giving away a few houses. Simply post in this thread as to why you should receive the tower/keep(as a package) or the Minax faction base house. I don't care if your a long time vet with mills, or a total noob. Just post with the reason you, or someone you know should receive them. These will be given away this evening most likely so get to posting.

#1 is a bridgeable keep/tower combo a few screen from the Skara doc crossing.

[​IMG]

#2 is simply a house I've owned forever right in front of the Minax base.

[​IMG]
    Azoth and The Musician like this.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I should get the tower/keep for being the first to reply ;-)
    Hydrox likes this.
  3. Worm

Worm Member

I am a long time UO veteran and about month in on this server. When I swapped over I noticed that a friend of mine had swapped over a few months prior. I joined a newly formed guild that he started and we have been recruiting veterans from the other server and new players showing up on UOR. We have a good start growing and are developing as a guild. We plan on being involved in champ spawns, factions, treasure hunting, and general pvping. I would use these buildings for the guild and propose that we move the guildstone to them. We have an open recruiting thread located at: http://uorforum.com/threads/like-ultima-online-join-ultima-online-uo.10390/
  4. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

I'll take a go for #1 though I'd rather have your rares and etc :D

My reason, because I've worked hard for everything I've gotten in this game and it'd be nice for some freebees (what?)
  5. Milkman

Milkman Member

You should give the Skara houses to project sanctuary to use as new player housing/training area. Helping new players get together is great for shard population.

Alternatively, give them to me. Because I want them, a lot.
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  6. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I am just greedy and I want the minax sandstone so I can house hide when I am getting ganked by 5 SL.
    Joshius likes this.
  7. Joshius

Joshius Well-Known Member

I can't say I need, but I would love to have the Keep/Tower. Would be willing to trade my tower for you to give away as well. I just want a courtyard on grass. Thanks.
  8. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member

fixed it for ya!
    I want amfeKk to have it so I can be friended so I too can hide from SL.
    amfeKk likes this.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'll trade you the Cupid Sash (your original, even though I never want to part with it) for the Minax base house, so I can redeed it after I request Telamon block the area from placement like the SL base.
  10. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

I would like the Tower/Keep. As a long time farmer, after a long day of plowing the field behind the tower, I would finish up my day by plowing @Animal Control 's mom!
    Mary Jane and Jack of Shadows like this.
  11. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I'd give the Keep-Tower to Xevec. He <3's that area of the shard and is a great guy.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

@HateCrime

I'd appreciate it if you would get Telamon in game and redeed the sandstone and have him make this a no housing area.
    HateCrime and Blaise like this.
  13. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

The tower/keep was first owned by Wu, then by Rand. Both are (were) in my guild Wheelhouse [WH]. I still actively play my crafter out of this area, pick the cotton field in front of the tower daily, therefore the properties should stay in the family.

I have several ideas for the properties. While there are many rune libraries in the realm, there are none in the immediate area. I placed a new player house one is currently using a screen away and place place others to help players get started. I would like to see the Skara area grow into a next stop for players with new housing etc thus a rune library there would be great. Also, an event center of sorts would be good and placing vendors to support newer players with lower end items.
  14. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

You should give the keep/tower to Project Sanctuary.
    Dalavar and Cordelia Black like this.
  15. Mary Jane

Mary Jane Active Member

We have a few people who have left other shards to come play here, it would be nice to see someone new get these :) If you decide to give them to someone new let me know and I'll get you the list of players that joined :)
  16. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

i would like to have it (Keep+tower) because i have never owned anything larger than a villa,wether back in 99-2000 or on this shard. Though nothing ive done or can say makes me deserve it over any other person.

Plan to have a rune library(already fair bit on the way with both generic and niché runebooks).
    I dont care too much about gold or items and will likely never be rich,as i share whenever i have even a little.
    Helping out those even more new than me. Im 9 days i believe into the server (though account is very old,i only played for 2 days around 900 days ago,then RL happened).

Doubt i will be selected. I think most people want it simply cause they will likely not have it or anything like it otherwise,or atleast not without a very big effort.
    If i get it,i will use it and try to use it to its full potential. But all you have is my word, and greed is always rampant..human nature simply. So i leave it to you to make a judgement call here. Maybe youve seen me talk a bit in IRC, i crack a joke sometimes and try to be friendly. I have no enemies. Im your average nice guy semi-newbie hoping he wins the lottery here but not for financial gain,but simply because i will never own such a home. But i'd like to. The minax house,i think might be more interesting to someone in factions. Im not involved and dont really know much about the mechanics of it or anything.

If not me i would like to nominate Laratheo. He willingly donates most anything and everything he has,really valuable things and throws out money to whoever needs it..large ammounts too. This prevents him from being one of those millionaires you mentioned. And if there ever was a good guy who deserved something special back its him. Thank you. Helped me out alot. And i do mean alot

Same goes for Roguish,helped me out immensely aswell. Taking me hunting,getting me back into the rhythm of UO. Giving about 99.9% of the loot and gold to me. Gave me a boat when he heard i wanted to bring up some fishermen for AMIB's to give to my guild to do as a group thing. Both of these two guys are just plain awesome. Kind,helpful and really represent the best of all the qualities that you find on this rather excellent Shard!

Edit: I would definetly welcome it being given to Project Sanctuary as someone earlier mentioned. Without them i would still be shearing sheep and i dont know.. GM'ing begging. I owe them everything.
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  17. Scynin

Scynin Active Member

I don't necessarily deserve to get either one of these, but i would put them to good use.
  18. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Give it to Jake or Crooks
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  19. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

#PS

I am not even sure where these guys are located atm but I think this property would be great due to its size and proximity to town. If it goes to #ps I can help do some functional deco (ie set up training areas and try to make it serve as many functions as we could come up with).

Not for new player housing so much since a new player has no business having a house this big, but specifically geared towards a training center.

With the amount of big wigs behind #ps as there are, I would imagine it wouldn't be hard to keep shadow iron elementals and provo/disco training rooms stocked with mobs nearly full time.
    ReZon, HateCrime and Cordelia Black like this.
  20. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I'd sell the tower/keep in an auction and use the proceeds to fund contests to improve the Cove Fort Rune Library (bounties for finding incorrect runes, new rune suggestions, etc).