How can I tame a drake? I'm trying but I can't and I have enough taming ><

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Drave, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Drave

Drave Active Member

I raised 85 of Taming and I went to train a Drake but I was unable to do it after several tries. Do you need to do something special to tame it? Lower its life? etc?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

just keep trying!
  3. Drave

Drave Active Member

But I need lower his life before or something like that before start taming?
  4. Smash

Smash Well-Known Member

while that will make his fire breath damage lower, it doesnt help actually tame the drake in the slightest
    Basoosh likes this.
  5. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

You have just enough to attempt to tame it. They require something like 84.9 taming to try. At 85 your chance of success is very low you will need lots of attempts but should be able to do it eventually. Even at 100 taming things like dragons can take many attempts to be successfull.

You can also use paralyze field on them when you are taming drakes, dragons and mares.
  6. Drave

Drave Active Member

Thanks for the answer.
  7. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

A peace bard is your friend.

How many control slots do drakes take? If it's more than 1, I am pretty sure 5 frenzied Ostards will out damage the smaller number of drakes you can control.

If you are trying to tame for purposes of training up taming, fails are a wonderful thing (assuming your target isn't trying to/succeeding at killing you) since fails count as successes for purposes of training. That means you don't have to find a new target to try and take when you fail but you still fill that meter to get to your next 0.1.
  8. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

I think that drakes are two control slots. Yes, five frenzies would be higher dps especially with pack instinct bonus. A pack of well trained frenzies can be devastating but as @Keza would say they are a glass cannon and can be hard to maneuver with and hard to keep alive as well.
  9. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Make a macro that uses taming skill, target last target, and just hold it down while you tame, or loop it. It will start a new attempt as soon as you fail.
  10. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Get your taming up near 100 on bulls (2nd, 3rd, 4th tames) before taming aggrrssagg things. You will waste a lot of time with "you anger the beast" fails. Drakes are super slow.