How do i place a house.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Engulf1985, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Engulf1985

Engulf1985 Member

Hi. I am having trouble placing my house whit the house deed. Its where my old house fell and i know there can fit a house there, but cant place it. Last time someone else placed it for me. how do i do?
  2. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Be very careful and thorough. When I have to place exactly, I only target the tile in front of my char as I move one space at a time. Keep in mind, you may need the exact type of house that it was, due to where the steps are for example the sst and workshops.
  3. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

if you contact me on discord ill help you placing it.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Engulf1985

Engulf1985 Member

Thanks for reply, i manage to place it.
    jihad joe likes this.
  5. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Just a few tips from what I've learned so far.

Most importantly your UO Game window has to be aligned on the top left hand corner of your screen in fullscreen mode. If it's not lined up whatever you see on screen when attempting to place is not an accurate display. Your cursor should be on the middle of the front step of whatever you are trying to place. I'm no expert but that gave me tons of trouble in the past.

Also if the ground is not flat you won't be able to place.

And it seems that some of the vegetation/rocks shown aren't real or where they seem to be and you may be able to place over some? I haven't quite figured that out yet but i've seen someone place directly over a rock or vegetation that i was trying to avoid. I'm not talking about trees but bushes, rocks, logs etc.
    Phaero and Engulf1985 like this.
  6. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

You can place on top of anything your character can walk through.
  7. Chafe

Chafe Well-Known Member

Hey Steady, does that include if the object is in line the the walls?

Cheers.
  8. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

AND, a 1 tile circumference can also be walked through including the tiles in front of the steps.

You’re also thrown additional curveballs with L towers in that the footprint requires the space under the wings to also be clear.

If you ever wanted to bridge a L tower to a small you gotta place the small first as the L tower footprint will want another tile free.
    Steady Mobbin likes this.
  9. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

So before I set everything up....

I’m bridging a SST on the west side of my tower. I should redeed and replace my large tower since I just placed my SST next to my existing large tower?

I’m setting up my crafting tower and would hate to have to redo the whole thing to get the bridging to work.
  10. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you placed the SST yourself and the L tower was already there when you did that - then yes.

The SST goes down first, then the L tower, that way when you stand on the west wing of the L Tower roof the SST roof is directly next to you and there is no gap.

If there is a gap you’ll put ladders up and fall off the roof.