How many hours a day do you play?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Earsnot, Sep 19, 2018.

How many hours a day do you play?

1. 1-2 Hours

25 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2-4 Hours

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. 4+ Hours

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. 6+ hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 10+ Hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I Have a problem.

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yo Yo Yo!

Genuinely intrigued as to your general day to day UOR Hours.

If you want to elaborate on your in game activities or how you spend your time in game go for it homies!

Votes are private as default but again feel free to publicly state yours if you want as well as voting.

I probably play an average of 1-2 actual hours a day but I'll be in and out all day too, sometimes I'll only be around for an idoc and other times I'll settle down for a 4+ hour binge if something cool is happening.
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I try to play at least 15 minutes a day.
    Earsnot and NerK like this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Earsnot likes this.
  4. Tiago

Tiago Well-Known Member

These days, About 10 mins in the morning to grab my BODs before work. And another 2-3 hours later that night at the most. Maybe a little more on weekends if I got nothing better to do. That ore ain't gonna mine itself.
    Dash, eherruh, jumpman and 2 others like this.
  5. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

My UO daily breakdown:

Forums: 1-2 Hour
    Photoshop: 1 Hour
    Discord: 24 Hours
    In Game: 12-27 minutes, right around Pussy O'Clock
    IRC: <5 minutes
    Rad, eherruh, Earsnot and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

For my first three years here I was on like 8-16hrs a day most days. It was pretty bad/good.

I've had probably three or four absences over the last 3.5-4years for a couple months at a time.

I'm semi retired now:
    - I often go days without doing much except I forum and discord/irc everyday for several hours.
    - I do play at least weekly and I usually sit down to do one thing from collect bods or bank sit and wait for oranges and then for the next 10 hours I have done a champs pvp idoc farm session.

My goal was/is to chat on apps, log in and sync drop with someone or get dropped and log out and leave it at that. I never found that balance, I'm all in wide open when I am on, never had and maybe never will have control.

#rehab
    Lord Krake, Hadrian, eherruh and 3 others like this.
  7. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT :eek:

How old are you and what do you do for work? (Genuinely curious, not trolling)

Also, I spend an hour a day, at most. Sometimes every other day.
    Earsnot likes this.
  8. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I play on average 2-3 hours, 2-4 days a week, nothing crazy.

Prior to playing here it had been 14 years since I played any form of UO, so to keep UO fun and semi-fresh for me I try to play other games in-between.
    Earsnot and Cronos like this.
  9. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Super interesting responses so far - keep em coming. I wish I'd been more specific with the "I have a problem" option now.

Just FYI there's no judgement, I don't know any of your deals IRL. I could spend 12 hours a day playing if I let myself/girlfriend let me. Hah

I started the thread because, like I said, I'm intrigued and I'm also considering doing something wild sometime soon. I want to play for 12 hours straight - farming. To see how much money could be made in a 12 hour session.
    NCCML, NerK and OptimisticSam like this.
  10. Cronos

Cronos Well-Known Member

I'm daily 1-4 hours depending on family, weather and work obligations. I consider this my television/relaxing time in the evenings. Granted this game nearly causes heart attacks on a weekly basis. I also have a wonderful job that lets me log in if I'm not busy. I normally monitor IRC while working at my desk to try to help new players. I don't discord, I like the nostalgia of playing this game with only text as communication. I would also like to state that the server and community is what really makes this game for me.
    Arawn, Hadrian, One and 1 other person like this.
  11. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

As much as it pains me to admit it, there's no option for the little amount that I play. I'm generally in the 2-3 hours a WEEK category at the moment due to my busy schedule. If I could, I would certainly play every day, and for as many hours as I could muster.

Even though I can't play as much as I'd like, I still enjoy hopping on casually when I can.
    Player X and Earsnot like this.
  12. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Few hours a day most days.
    Before pussy o'clock on weekdays.
    Before and after pussy o'clock on weekends.
    Dash, Earsnot and The Crooked Warden like this.
  13. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

1-3 hours but not daily. Busy with work, family, etc.

I play a few afternoons a week, and I try to play on the weekends for a few hours.

In between my actual play time, I macro a stable of characters that I will probably never use lol.

I do plan on putting some time in for the holiday events coming up. This will be my first halloween/thanksgiving/Christmas trifecta of holiday event goodness.
    Earsnot likes this.
  14. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Usually ~45min a day Monday-Friday at the moment. I'll occasionally get a few hours in on the weekend if the wife is MIA.

At my peak I was doing around 2 hours a day.
    Earsnot likes this.
  15. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

2014-2015 anywhere from 2-4 hours a day, usually 5-6 days a week
    2015/2016 was when I went DEEEEEEP in UO:R when I took my first Guildmaster role. It was a naturalist semi-rp guild and great googly moogly some days were 10+ hours, no less than 5. If it wasn't for school/relationship I probably would still be online that much. 90% of that guild was on European time, and I was there almost every day being engaged with them, hanging/helping out.

Nowadays it's 2-3ish hours a week until some of these dang sports die down. between 2 kids it's 8-10 practices and 2-4 games a week. At least they're great kiddos!

I had a fort and 3 keeps on greatly this week...yikes.
    NCCML likes this.
  16. Tiago

Tiago Well-Known Member

@Earsnot Heh, oh yeah I can definitely sink in a whole day of UO with no problem. Especially in the Winter when you would rather stay in.
    Time just flies when you play and you don't even realise it is suddenly uh...3am in the morning :p
    Dash likes this.
  17. Dash

Dash Active Member

I normally have my characters logged in 24/7 to collect platinum rewards and hop on before and after work to collect BODs and do some quick house mining. I look forward to when a day is available one weekend to complete the shit out of those BODs.