I have 190 points for Tactics and Anatomy, how should I assign them and why?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jill Stihl, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi folks,

As per the title really. I can't find the other 10 points to GM both, so where should the points go and why?

I'd understood each 10 points of tactics to be worth +10% damage, and each 10 points of anatomy to be worth +2% damage, but someone suggested that's not how it is on UOR.

Thanks folks.

Edit - This is how the character looks now, for info -

Peacemaking 100
    Tactics 100
    Musicianship 100
    Macing 100
    Anatomy 90
    Healing 90
    MagicResist 90
    Magery 30
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    One likes this.
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One, Jill Stihl and Rextacy like this.
  3. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

What Gideon said. Also you can purchase weapons that brings your tactics up to 100+
    Jill Stihl and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Yes u can actually do 75 tactics, use mod weps for +25, now u have an additional 25 to put towards anat and magery
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  5. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Also higher anat will give more crushing blows
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  6. Jill Stihl

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll drop tactics down in order to GM anat.
  7. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

U can gm healing and anat and still put 5 points to magery or resist or do 91 resist and 34 magery
  8. Jill Stihl

Do weapons tactics bonuses that take you over 100 not add any further damage bonus then?

Eg. 75 tactics and a +25 weapon is the same output as 90 tactics and a +25 weapon?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding.
  9. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

-20 resist
    +10 anat
    +10 tact

why resist?
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  10. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Not sure over 100 if there is a bonus not sure how much more and if you have gm anat and healing its better than the additional +5 damage
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

For your consideration: Drop healing for magery or a mage/med combination. With what I presume you'll be hunting, bandage healing becomes infrequent and moot... trumped I dare say by the utility of GHealing, cure, arch cure, buffs, flawless recalls, invisibility, and maybe even a summoned daemon!.

Also, the utility of a GHeal wand is sorely underestimated. Put those puppies to work!

I can understand the desire for resist. Keep it for now but consider them throw-away points down the road as well.

G'luck!
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  12. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  13. Jill Stihl

The character's actually about a year old and I like playing dexxers (15gp a reg or eBay back on Europa put me off magery for a long time) so I'm not going to make fundamental changes to the build, but some tweak to resist to GM tactics and Anat might make sense.

Is 80 resist going to be much different to 90 when a daemon or blood drops his peace for a second?

Thanks again folks.
  14. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

I’ve even done builds with no resist and put Provo or discord in the build
  15. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

I have a similar character, except I use fencing.

I dropped magery entirely and ride my horse to locations, which is a pain. Especially if your trying to get into the deeper dungeon levels or islands.

Rode to Despise yesterday to gather green leather from lizard men, then rode back to my hideaway to stockpile it. Thought about doing a second run but the travel (while not too long) was the reason I put it off for another day.

I'd take a deep breath and plead/explain how having the ability to recall without magery would be awesome for dexxers but I've read through this thread

http://uorforum.com/threads/recall-the-middle-road.24535/

I like using hand weapons too, but I think our build is a bit of a novelty. Fun to play but difficult to get to spots or haul loots without yielding to the magery/equipment requirements to "balance" things out.

I think in time if recalling is re-evaluated along with ideas from this thread http://uorforum.com/threads/armor-shield-and-slayer-suggestions-retitled.32260/ (metal armors/shields) melee/dexxer builds would be more prevalent/fun.

Until then, eventually I'll probably use the recommendations in this thread to find some extra magery points :)
    Minax likes this.
  16. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Easy way around that is just have an alt toon gate your dexxer to locations and gate again to get out
  17. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

I like this. It reminds me of @wylwrk 's "The Streak" build.

It seems like points will be moving away from Resist (and, possibly, Tactics) as a means of raising other skills.

For that reason, it seems reasonable to take Healing up to 100.0 (based on the premise that skill level relates directly to amount healed -- which might be inaccurate!). Less Resist means more spell damage in those brief Peace-less moments, so more Healing seems to round that point out a bit. Plus, more Healing generally equates to better Healing anyway. *shrug*

That means 80 Resist. My own character is gonna roll with 80 or 90 Resist, fwiw. Seems fine.

As others have said, 100 Anatomy and 90 Tactics would probably be the way to go.

Not sure how much play is left after that. Maybe higher Magery? Could siphon points from Resist or Tactics, I suppose. That's a playstyle thing, though.

Cool build.

boogity! *hic*
  18. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

I agree, but I want to play my fencer without having to log into a second account just to get from location to location with ease.

In the end I created a second character without any melee skills. Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Musicianship/Provo & Peace

Its much more "efficient" and can can mark/haul/return without any trouble or a second account, but it is an entirely different playstyle for me.
    Imbol likes this.