I placed a tower!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by ham, Jun 1, 2017.

1. ham

ham Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

Well, sort of.

I was running around on my daily hunt and exploration, and lo-and-behold there was a spot big enough for a tower (I verified it will fit on test)!

There was no loot or anything, so it couldn't have been an IDOC?

I quickly pooled all the money I made so far, and bought a large patio to hold the spot until I can make enough money for the real tower deed.

Just wanted to let the new players know that it IS possible to get a tower spot!

~ham
    Orion GM BD, newme, Vandalin and 15 others like this.
  2. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

But now that you tok the last spot, there isnt anymore.... ;)

Kidding. Very very cool ham and well done
    newme and Zyler like this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

*goes to place a small next to the patio so you can't put a tower there :D
    Ikibahd, Rheanon and Kalvasflam like this.
  4. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Congratulations ham! I never placed anything larger than a large tower, but everytime I did that, it felt very very good :)
    Orion GM BD and newme like this.
  5. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

I placed one 6 months ago and thought the same thing, glad people are still able to find some spots!!
    newme and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. Donald J Trump

Donald J Trump New Member

Don't believe the mainstream (FAKE NEWS) hype. The state of available housing is VERY GOOD!
    I inherited a MESS and am in the process of fixing it. Step 1, cut Ocllo welfare housing budget and
    get the people EARNING again!
  7. Bodhran

Bodhran Active Member

8. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

You are certainly right! And may I express my congratulations, Mr. President, for exiting that Papuan climate agreement? That will probably get us rid off those dirty and unwashed Papuans that have lived on welfare far too long! Really, a genius move! And nobody will shed a tear about hoppers bog being washed off the map.
    newme and PaddyOBrien like this.
  9. Bodhran

Bodhran Active Member

The agreement is a product of the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris, where President Obama met with world leaders to commit the U.S. to non-binding emission reduction targets. Under the agreement, Obama committed the U.S. to wholly improbable reduction goals of 26 to 28 percent by year 2025.

Through a litany of regulations stemming from the agreement, Obama has essentially offered up the U.S. economy as a sacrificial lamb to further his own legacy. Sadly, the agreement will not just hurt the country’s growth as a whole, but will trickle down to low-and-middle income Americans. As a result of the agreement, energy costs will skyrocket, in turn raising the cost of utility bills for families and increasing the costs of consumer goods.

A recent study by the Heritage Foundation projects that the Paris agreement and resulting policies will increase electricity costs for a family of four between 13 and 20 percent annually. The study also projected American families will see over $20,000 of lost income by year 2035. Such regressive policy hits the nation’s most vulnerable hardest, who ironically are the same people Obama uses to justify the deal.

The Paris deal is also slated to reduce U.S. GDP by over $2.5 trillion, and result in an average shortfall of nearly 400,000 jobs by 2035. Of the 400,000 jobs lost, an estimated 200,000 will be in the manufacturing sector. This means Americans will also see the costs of consumer goods such as electronics, paper products, and apparel increase, inevitably taking more out of household income.

With such drastic costs to the U.S., American’s would expect an equally drastic benefit on the other end, yet that is simply not the case. Policies such as those resulting from climate deal would, even with a complete elimination of U.S. carbon emissions, result in less than two-tenths of a degree Celsius reduction in global temperatures.

It is all to clear the Paris climate deal is all cost and no benefit for the U.S., and the Obama Administration is comfortable sacrificing low-and-middle income Americans, along with thousands of jobs and GDP, for an environmental benefit that is negligible, at best.

We stand with the Donald!
    Orion GM BD and newme like this.
  10. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Well, I am sure, the people in countries like Netherlands, Bangladesh, China, Japan, Indonesia etc. will think of that while trying to get the water out of their homes.
    One likes this.
  11. Bodhran

Bodhran Active Member

China is the #1 polluter lol

this is a virtue signal pact that does nothing but hurt our economy and is a subterfuge disguising the real goal of controlling global energy/wealth
    Orion GM BD likes this.
  12. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

this is bullshit. but why in ren discussion?
    Lumbo, compsays, One and 1 other person like this.
  13. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Climate change is not a partisan issue.
    One likes this.
  14. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

But what are we going to do about the illicit drug problem in Occlo? So many people standing there in a drug induced state of zombieism... It's like the Miami of UOR!
    newme, Pekka and Newt like this.
  15. PaddyOBrien

And pretty sure @Cynic 's Pank horse is burning a hole in the Britannian ozone layer!
    Mes and Bodhran like this.
  16. Namarra

Namarra Active Member

Can we not poison Renaissance discussion with politics? This is my happy place cut it out.
    Orion GM BD, One, Holden and 6 others like this.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

side effects of The Droppening
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  18. PaddyOBrien

UOR has enough problems of its own. What is being done about the rampant violent crime in the ghetto 'Pens district of Jhelom??
  19. Bodhran

Bodhran Active Member

20. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Awesome ham!
    newme and wylwrk like this.