I put a bunch of bull pretames in Jhelom pen

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Helicobacter, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

I attended trained animal taming and left the bulls alive in the Eastern Jhelom pen. They are named "One" for they have been tamed once.

Anyone in the late 70's and early 80's in animal taming will get great gains from taming these. Rename them "Two" and more advanced takers can get great gains too.

This was a proof of concept that it is possible to train animal taming without unattended macroing. Apparently, it's possible!
    Unknown_Hero likes this.
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh it's possible. But your eyes will bleed. Then your gums. Then your hair will fall out. And finally you will crush your mouse in your hand like an empty soda can when you realize you could have done it afk. :p
    Helicobacter and Kash like this.
  3. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

More engaging than GMing lumberjacking...

:)
  4. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I dunno. I found that peaceful.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

A great attended strategy that I was taught:

Requires a buddy that already has taming to help you out, but getting re-tamed lava lizards and other mid 80's taming skill animals can be very fast. Tame a bunch, bring them to a house with a table wall, and let em go. Your tamer in training on the other side of the wall can then tame in safety. You can keep the difficulty right around your current skill level by jumping between different animals and applying multiple re-tames as necessary. When the difficulty is that close to your skill level, you get tons of failures (but also lots of skill gains), which is ideal for skills like taming where the "resources" that it has to consume for skill checks is time consuming to acquire.
    NCCML and Helicobacter like this.