I was a part of it ...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kermit, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

New peak record for the server and i was there!!!!
    I hope we can reack 1k for Xmass!!!!!
    Best server of UO for sure :)
    Keep going Staff, we like the job u do for our fun!

See u soon!
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Indeed. :)

Congrats Chris and rest of you all. thanks for the job well done, and sticking too it for so long

:)
    Kermit likes this.
  3. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

I wonder where all these "online"-players are...

In dungeons? Hmm no.. never see more than two players within hours and one is a pk checking spots.

Fishing maybe? Also never seen anyone on the high seas... T2A is also mostly empty...

Occlo? Never seen more than... lets say 40 ppl there.

So WHERE is everybody?

I dont see 600+ players afking in their houses while running through the world.
  4. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member

Oh lord, don't open this can of worms..
    compsays likes this.
  5. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

some people (like me) semi-afk in hidden mode, sometimes i've been in that status for days, I'm online but people don't see me...
    Orion GM BD and VitoGienelli like this.
  6. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Little exaggeration when you say best server.
  7. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

best server imo too...
  8. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

For pvmers/AFK's.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

get help
    Valrick, xoxo, Mexplosivo and 4 others like this.
  10. E1000

E1000 Well-Known Member

do you say this because you know an overall even better server or because you are comparing it with an ideal server that you wish to exist?

in the first case, why do play here and not there?
    BlackEye likes this.
  11. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

eherruh, Leopold, E1000 and 2 others like this.
  12. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Hmm sorry but... no offence from my side.
    I just "re-started" playing here about two months ago and just asking a simple question.

Don't really know anyone or whats going on here. Most of my time i was macroing
    and had a few farm runs but thats it.
  13. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Whenever I see posts where people are asking where the players are at I wonder if we're playing the same game.

I am all over the map, all of the time with various characters and see no shortage of players actively playing.

I think it's more a case of managing expectations. If you expect to go to West Brit Bank and see hundreds of players selling, stealing, fighting and conversing you're going to be disappointed. It's not "back in the day" anymore and there aren't thousands and thousands of teenagers actively playing.

However, in my opinion what we lack in numbers we more than make up for in quality of game play. I don't for one second feel neglected or just like "another" player here, I feel part of a growing community that has gone from strength to strength, even in my short time here and that's something that just is not comparable to the old OSI days. Yes there are things we are waiting on but I guarantee you if we had thousands and thousands of players we would be waiting a hell of a lot longer.
    xoxo, Mexplosivo, eherruh and 7 others like this.
  14. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

It depends on my timezone, i think.
    Playing in europe CET and at my playtimes, no matter where i am, i dont see many/any ppl running around but the website always shows 600+ ppl online. Thats strange...for me.
    BlackEye likes this.
  15. Sheepdog

I am from the UK, so I also play Euro times.

There are sections of the map that are pretty quiet all of the time, but to be honest I kind of like having a whole dungeon to myself sometimes. I see it as a perk to being a Euro player! Uncontested spawn.

Ocllo is a hive of activity, yes the majority are bank sitting collecting plat or training skills, but I don't think anyone's 7x'ing a character JUST to park them at a secluded log cabin when they're done.

My advice to you would be to try and find some other Euro players, make some in game friends, get in IRC and link up with some people. Think of it like when we didn't have mobile phones, you had to meet your friends near a certain McDonald's at a designated time and then you'd go and get into trouble.

If you see me in IRC, holla - I've got one of every sort of character and would be more than happy to run around if I'm free and see what's up!

What sort of thing are you looking to do?
  16. widow

widow Member

I was strip mining yesterday and a few people were battle mining in my mining path. Felt like saying "GET LOST" but it's a free Britannia.

People are out there, maybe not necessarily in all the dungeons.
  17. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Yesterday starting from around 6pm CET people were farming at almost every spot that's worth doing, pks were out too. I even had visitors checking in on me in t2a to see if my spot was still free.

This has been going on for almost the entire last week, which @Puck as well as anyone watching his streams will be able to confirm. There are people out farming the weirdest spots imaginable just because every other spot is taken, I can't say anything about US prime time but this has been highly unusual for regular EU activity.
    eherruh, Erza Scarlet and One like this.
  18. Sheepdog

I agree, I've run in to a lot more people playing uk daytime too which I just didn't see my first month, maybe it's because I'm out and about a lot more now.
  19. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I usually play outside of peak hours and have seen a HUGE INCREASE in player activity lately. Not that it was dead before, but at 10am EST yesterday I saw people at over 10 farming spots. I'm not making this up... especially during the middle of the day on weekdays (which honestly used to be relatively slow). Anyone who watches me on Twitch can verify this.
    Destruction and Erza Scarlet like this.
  20. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

What is the record? But as of late, I've seen more people.