IDOCs w/timer - sst meh - Updated 2/25 9pm

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Erlkonig, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

conundrum and enigma mean the same thing

also sharing with the public doesn't make you greedy

can we get someone in here that speaks more clearly?
  2. napo

napo Well-Known Member

beep boop does not compute
  3. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is not a [UO] thing. This is a solo venture.
    If [UO], TT/SL, OS, KOS, PS, DG, or anyone shows up to the idocs in the future it is because I made them public. Good luck, have fun.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This should be sticky-ed as an advertisement for this server...

... not.
  5. napo

napo Well-Known Member

It's the true face of the server, I think it's good for prospective players to see these things before they invest a bunch of time only to discover they're surrounded by scumbags who absolutely hate it when someone interferes with their hoarding monopoly money.
    Bamilus likes this.
  6. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

A new player would have to be truly new to UO for them to be this naïve. UO and scumbags go hand in hand.
  7. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth.
  8. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I think most UO players expect that competition is something that most UO players desire.
    That's not so much the case on this server, it seems like a lot of people would prefer not to have enemies.
  9. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Or surrounded by scumbags who do nothing on this server, forum, or irc other than to bitch incessantly. I'm talking about you, just in case you didn't grasp that.

For the record, and I even skimmed through the entire thread, not once did I see an active IDOCCer complain about any interference. A question was asked, it was answered, and then it was confirmed. If you leave out all the fluff, the TL;DR is as follows:

Heretic: Why announce?
    Cynic: Out of spite.
    Erlkonig: Basically, yes.

In any case, even if the IDOC crew came to this thread and cried it shouldn't be surprising. I don't see anyone jumping for joy when their money making aspect of gameplay is interfered with. Holy shit guys I just got PK'd, yay! Holy shit guys someone just stole platinum from me at the harrower, yay!
    T3h D4ve likes this.
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be out fishing or something?
    Bamilus, amfeKk, Cynic and 1 other person like this.
  11. napo

napo Well-Known Member

You had to carefully use the phrase "active idocers" because you were in here crying about it on the third post.
    The thread is absolutely full of less-than-active idocers and alt accounts that surely belong to active ones crying about Earl announcing as well as TT/SL for our very minor involvement in the idoc scene. There wouldn't even be a thread if not for that.

And you absolutely will see people jumping for joy when they are interfered with. That's what "that was a fun fight" means. I don't understand why people play and then complain when something exciting happens, you guys must really enjoy hoarding monopoly money.

By the way - I feel that you don't have much room to criticize anyone for acting out of spite. I should remind you that your profile picture is a screenshot of that time you spent two days trying and failing to create a black hole out of spite.

Honestly, you people are completely intolerable. Don't participate in the pvp systems of the game if you're just going to cry that the other side (who are all pvpers) are acting like pvpers. Stick to collecting bods if you're this allergic to conflict and competition. You guys shit up the pvp scene by not having skin thick enough to handle it when you die.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  12. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

You must have some serious reading comprehension, which is surprising considering your profession. I never once cried nor complained, I simply stated the obvious and it was confirmed by Erl in his reply. Even if I still was running IDOCs my post is not a complaint in the least. I'm sure most, who aren't associated with you or I, would be able to come to that very sane conclusion.

I have never seen anyone jump for joy when their house is looted, when their spawns get shut down, when they get pk'd over and over at bloods, etc.. As a matter of fact there are more people on this forum complaining about things like that than there are saying "hey good one." These are all aspects of the game which are fair play but there isn't one person, except mindless, who's going to jump for joy when hours of work gets shut down. Will some have a fun time defending? Sure. No one is going to jump for joy, though.

Also, I didn't act out of spite for my fish steak fiasco. I stated it before, I did it to get a rise out of all of you and I succeeded, immensely. I never intended to black hole, that would have been much much much easier than what I had to do to get the steaks to stack like that. This also took me probably 2 hours to do, not 2 days.

Again, not one complaint about pvp in this thread, at least not from me. None of this even has to do with pvp, it had to do with publicly announcing idocs. You guys were backing up UO for weeks and not one person made a whisper anywhere about that arrangement. Get over yourself.

Speaking of intolerable, that coming from you is funny. "Don't participate in pvp systems of the game if you're just going to cry".. funny how this isn't your stance when the argument is about CTF (a pvp system of the game), your stance regarding that aspect is more like whaaaaa whaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaa whaaaaaa, did I leave out a whaaa?
  13. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I wish I still had the time.
  14. napo

napo Well-Known Member

man, why you guys always gotta take a dig at my profession?
    I've never said shit about what you do, would you like me to delve into the realm of personal attacks? I guarantee I'll be much better than you are at it, although I personally like cops and would feel somewhat bad about slamming them online.

The rest of your post pretty much boils down to "lol I'm not mad you're mad"
    Which is pretty typical for you - all you can do is come up with personal attacks and accusing me of being mad. Sure Cynic, you're not mad. You just went out of your way to jump into an argument you admit that you have no real involvement in because it was important to you to point out that he was doing it out of spite, and then you resort to huge paragraphs of personal attacks and accusing people of being mad when you get called out on it.

Seriously, you're one of the leading minds around here when it comes to personal attacks. You need to take a step back and think about some shit if things in UO are making you bitter enough that you're trying to take it out of game.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  15. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Huge paragraphs of personal attacks.. holy smoke screen. I made a dig at your reading comprehension and sort of complimented your profession. It's really eerie how you read into things, or don't.

I'm not accusing you of being mad at all, I'm very bluntly stating that the only purpose you server to this community is to bitch and complain. For example, look at the silly ass dig you just made in irc, which was just another napo comment that we're all used to by now: [23:08] <napo> it would be a really sad state of affairs if the best player on the server was secretly a gm... yeah you know what you were doing there and it was to serve no purpose other than to, bum bum bum, stir the pot,
  16. napo

napo Well-Known Member

It was just a little bit of banter, carefully designed so that only those in the know would know what I was talking about.
    If I really wanted to disrupt the server, I would have just outright said it.

Which kind of brings me back to what I was saying - people on this server can't separate in game banter and aggression from real shit. There's no need for you to make things so personal. Those digs you took at balla, your offensive horse names, taking shots at my profession - all uncalled for.
    Dial it back a bit bro, you yourself said you had no dog in this so why are you in here taking shots at people?
    Just like the people in this thread acting like Earl dropping timers or TT/SL occasionally showing up to an idoc is the MOST EVIL THING EVER. It's just a game, and a game people play because the conflict that comes along with it is interesting. If you didn't like it, you'd be off playing wow or some other safe game.

And yeah, I do complain when my people are given the short end of the stick time and time again. Nothing wrong with complaining, people will walk all over you if you don't.
  17. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Seriously, I'm not the one that needs to dial it back, bro. You're here calling a group of people scumbags and intolerable, are you serious? Is this real life?

The debacle between Balla and I was clearly spelled out in another thread, I didn't start the fire, it was always burning.

You can try your hardest to make me out to be the bad guy here but anyone who's paying any bit of attention will see otherwise.
  18. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Of course, people are total scumbags when it comes to idocs. People are in this thread saying as much about themselves.
    Is there something wrong with that? I guess you only skimmed the thread, so perhaps you didn't see this part of the conversation.
    You also completely missed my point - it's UO - people are going to do shit like this. Why are people so upset about people being cutthroat in UO?

I've never during all of my time here resorted to personal attacks and taking real life digs at people. It's really just terrible, and I don't think you should do it either.
    Man, you ran around calling balla trailer trash for weeks. I don't care who started it, everyone who participated was acting in a way I consider wrong.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate if you could keep in game shit in game, yeah? I don't really want to be involved in any of that.
  19. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Someone should make a uor version of that song with a slideshow.

Pork Fried Rice on vocals if I write it?
    PaddyOBrien and bart simpson like this.
  20. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Yeah, not buying it. I agree with leaving personal attacks out of it, leave me out it and I won't feel the need to respond. When you're going around in game and in irc calling me a pig or a slur then you really can't act surprised when I name my horse something silly. Anything else personal I left in PM's with him, it never seeped over into main or even pvp chat, find the logs, when you can't I can absolutely provide them, again. He's made his threads and that was that.

Yeah, I must have missed all these people calling themselves scumbags for idoccing.. More smoke and mirrors.

Going to bed, I'll be back tomorrow to continue if this is still going.