Ilshenar Faction Warfare

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Duz-luk, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

This idea came from discussing and reminiscing about the facet of Ilshenar among friends in IRC. Ilshenar is a very pretty map. But let's make something clear. Obviously, an inclusion of a new facet is a BIG deal and something that would be a huge burden and project for @Chris to take on. However, IF such and thing were come to past I have the following proposal:

Make Ilshenar ONLY accessible to faction warfare players.

Set up forts and claimable outpost all along the facet.

Allow for recall and gate to and from Sosaria ONLY to faction warfare players. Meaning if you step into a gate to Ilshenar from Sosaria without being in a faction you will not go through it.

Those are the only stipulations I can think of right now. If anyone has any other ideas they would like to contribute please post them.

Again, I don't expect this to happen any time soon, if ever, but it's fun to come up with things that could improve the server.
    One likes this.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

if you were my dog i'd rub your nose in this post

bad duz-luk
    Xegugg likes this.
  3. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

come on, we got plenty of open space to run around why not add more ;)
  4. Wesley32

Wesley32 New Member

I don't see why not. We already have instanced trammel with fish maps and the like. A war only facet would be good for the server.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell Member

Make it so there is a set of unique sandals hidden somewhere, shard might come out of town for that.
    RavenMagi and snap dragon like this.
  6. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Well if I remember correctly, the savage encampment is conveniently located at the center of the map. If the devs made tribal berries drop rarely like daemon bone armor does, it would make tribal paint be a high value commodity. Not to mention the juka bows and tribal spears.

One thing I will warn to the developers is to please not include kirin, unicorn, and savage ridgeback. If we allow these mounts in, then the next you know people will start demanding for the rest of the riff raff. I really don't want to spend my UO days again watching people run by me on peacocks and tunafish. Next thing you know, people are going be flying around on reef sharks, wearing coral armor. Not cool
  7. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Interesting fact: if you're in factions, the current entire server is a war zone for you and opposing factioners. Also a pretty neat little side note, it also has its very own faction bases and towns to take control of! Pretty cool, huh? And yet, there isn't a soul to be found on the faction scene. But I'm sure IISHENAR will fix that.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  8. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Ouch Mandevu., you seem to have made my mascara run. I was not aware of those very pertinent facts. I am sorry I have come up with such a deranged idea to you. Forgive me for my transgressions.

lol
  9. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

The idea doesn't mean you HAVE to go to Ilshenar to fight. Rofl, is that what you thought it meant. (Jeez)
  10. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

remember, we're just clicking mouses here. we're not trying to save the world
  11. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

12. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a bad idea if people actually participated in factions atm. There was a time when they did, but it has fallen off hard. Factions needs a new overhaul of some kind. Honestly, my opinion, is this server lacks a serious pvp minded player base. We have more of a pvm minded playerbase, and therefore pvp suffers.
    Erza Scarlet and Xegugg like this.
  13. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

my point is who cares about the bank sitters. let them sit. I just wanna run around illy and fight some bros, and maybe get sweet loots in the process. Not saying this idea is the spark needed to make this shard more of a pvp server, but it might not hurt in that regard. We have a lot of people on this server now, it's about 200 more from when I started numbers wise. Maybe if we make the stakes higher people will step out of there safety bubbles a little more.
  14. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I agree with roman it's very difficult to find others as it is. Most of the time we have to ASK enemies via irc for fights. Let's populate bucs and the rest of fellucca like roman said before we worry about new facets
  15. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

Or just move all factions to britain
    One likes this.
  16. FreeHugger

Fight for control of one town (Britain), centralize the faction PvP... Then it would open up all the faction bases for events and other shit.

Have one faction in British castle, one in BlackThorne, One in one of the abandoned buildings in east brit or in the warriors building across the bridge to the west and one in the cemetary
  17. Theodin

If people simply joined factions to participate more the town's would end up being used plenty though
  18. FreeHugger

But why space out factions with a minimal amount of people over 8 towns when Brit is big enough to have the 20-25 active PvPers all in one place?
  19. Theodin

Britain would already be full of people fighting over it but a couple of factions are empty. People have to say Fuck it join a faction with their friends for no reason other than to have fun and promote fights
  20. FreeHugger

Who cares what factions are empty?

Why space the fighting out over such a large area when ideally, you could log into you faction char, head to britain and get into a fight versus recalling a round to 8 towns, seeing nobody and then heading back out to farm or PK or whatever it is you do?
    El Horno likes this.