Im New.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Tony Stark, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark New Member

Can anyone help a new player get started? I need to macro in this impossible to start alone sandbox world.
    Cheapsuit, RIN, Leopold and 3 others like this.
  2. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to UOR!!

There are a few guides to get you up and running and we have the Young Player System so you can build your toon with a bit of safety

Guides are here ---> http://uorforum.com/forums/guides.18/

Hope to see you in game

Samo
    Cheapsuit, One and Anarchy like this.
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Best to get started is a provocation bard
    You do not necessarily need any other fighting skill at the beginning.

Short guide:
    1) Buy some music instruments (tambourine is good) from npc
    2) Set up Macro: Use Music instrument, Pause 5500 ms, Loop
    3) Go on with that macro and GM Music

You can play with 3 accounts at once on this shard! So you could additonally have other chars doing something else meanwhile.

After you reached GM Music, next step is GM Provocation
    Best to start provocate e.g. "blocked" scropions up to 65-70.
    But well, hard for you without help (I may help you if you write to me in IRC later - I am in europe time zone)
    Ah yes: Join IRC ;)

Well, to make some money with already GM Music and low Provo (35-70):
    Go to dungeon shame and provocate Earth elements and scorpions. Loot.
    You might also want to train fighting skills + healing while fighting them.

Also max out your stats before you go hunting!
    For max out stats you need about 4000-5000g (for buying max skills)
    After your skills are maxed (700 points shown real) use "camping" all the time until your stats are maxed (100 str 100 int 25 dex for mage, 100str 25 int 100 dex for melee)
    You skill in camping should be 0.00 real! and the arrow should show up. You only gain "virtual" because you are already on max.
    Cheapsuit, Mykos, Leopold and 2 others like this.
  4. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Contact Project Sanctuary and we will set you up with anything you need.
    Celestrael, Mykos and Leopold like this.
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome! PS Guild is a great place to start as Lord Krake indicated. Anarchy has some great suggestions and I wholeheartedly agree that a Provocation based character is the best starting character.

I suggest visiting my guide below in my signature when you are ready to start Provocation. It's not as bad as you would think.

IRC is an awesome resource. Reach out there with any questions. Most people here are helpful.
    Cheapsuit and Leopold like this.
  6. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

If you make a bard that you want to transition to something better, start with 50 taming as well. That way you're ready to progress the same toon. After getting started

Just my $0.02
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark New Member

Hey guys, Sorry I didnt get back to ya'll for a few days but I got slammed with work. Ill be a little more in depth this time around.
    I could easily make a bard, macroing musicianship is easy, provocation is easy. I honestly dont have any problems raising any skill by myself, aside from resist lol.
    I come from Lake Superior, I played right up until they ruined the game with nonsense. On Lake Superior I was part of a guild called BMF and KLF. I sold my account in 02-03, at the time I had a 34x account, with one character having two skills split 50/50 so he could recall. I was pretty good, that account fetched 2800$. I guess the real problem for me is, as a 50/50 character, even starting a bard, itll be months before I could come anywhere close to GM'ing magery. Thats more or less my issue. I guess what Im asking is there any easy way to get bulk regs, at a reasonable cost? What should I farm to get there. I was an avid PvPer. Its really all I did. A bard is necessary in these servers because its not like it use to be with 50 people sitting at brit bank, or tradespot to sell rares and get massive gold, quickly. I dont have the time I did when I was 13 either lol. So really I want to become established. GMing magery on a bard is the first step to me being able to play casually and PvP at night. Once the bard is GM Magery, its easy to farm the gold to build PvP characters.

Also, are there any events on this server?

Sorry for the novel, I didnt wanna leave anything out.
  8. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

There's an event going on right now, actually!!! It's a combination of St Pats and Easter. There are cool instanced (shared) micro-dungeons where you can tame a rare horse & dragon equivalent if they spawn, which is a rare chance. It has been a little chaotic at times, but that's what makes it FUN!

We have some awesome events that go on throughout the year, sometimes they're different from year-to-year as well.

The three most popular events every year:

Night of Horros (halloween)
    Dark Magic Awaits(?) (Christmas)
    __th anniversary (september)

others i can recall:

St Patricks day (leprechauns)
    Easter (egg hunt + monsters)
    Valentines day (cupids)
    4th of July
    Valrick's Birthday (huge donate season)

There are a bunch of people usually willing to help you with a little gold and/or regs to help get you started.

I'm usually only on early mornings 7-9am cst and evenings around 7-10pm cst but i'll help a bit if you're on those times.

I was on lake superior from start to 02-03

I was Freddie Mercury (red)
    Amulek (dexxer order/chaos character)
    HiVoltage (tamer)
    Max Engel (crafter)

with a little boost you can even have a gm tamer before the young program ends. If you run into a playtime issue we can also help you with some macro setups so you can just let them run before you go to work!
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  9. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

Hi Tony, UOR does not has any strange "no macroing" logic.
    You can GM Music and Provo in 2-3 days just macroing AFK
    Meanwhile you could just have 2 other chars fighting each other to for each char gains 100 fighting skills, e.g. one swords and the other fencing - and training healing at the same time with them. Best to also train with them Music and later on peacemaking.

So lets say, calculating bandages in.
    With 30k Gold you should be able to:
    - Create a GM Provo Bard (3-4 days)
    - Create two GM Fighters with recent music and peacemaking (1-2 days for GM fighting skills + have recent peace making)

Then go on macoring while having fun farming gold with your fighters:
    Kill Liches at e.g. Covetous with a low end silver weapon and silver instrument - Using your peacemaking skills on them.
    So until your Provo Bard is GM Provo, you should have farmed the money to start with magery on it.

GM Magery may cost you ~60-70k gold - that should not be anymore than 3-4 hours max farming liches with your peacemaking fighters

For some starter money: Join IRC ;) Or just beg ;) I would be glad to help you out and show you how to GM your stats in-game.
    Cheapsuit and Valrick like this.
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark New Member

Cant do the moonglow zoo trick to gm provo anymore?

Freddy Mercury? Sounds familiar.
    My Red was Tess Tickle (LOL).
    My main toon was Stevie Hyper D. I regularly ran with Sir Jade, SeltaR, Rana Coldeyes,Ghent just to name a few.
    Valrick likes this.
  11. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Moonglow zoo can take you into the 80's but it is not the best or fastest way to do it. Especially if you are taking advantage of the young program, you have to stay on Ocllo.

Again, check out my guide below. I spell out how to GM Provo pretty well.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You could leave Ocllo island with 500k and use no magery at all if you use the [young status program to your advantage and began as a tamer.

You could spend not one gold piece raising a character that can easily farm the island for all it's resources.
    Cronos and Celestrael like this.