Im out. Thanks for the run

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jeebs, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Alright well I went all out for the Easter Egg hunt just for it to run an extra 5+ days and get passed. Rewards or not its pretty crappy when there is a time frame and it cant be met.
    1 day sure 2 days...maybe but almost an entire week now. If you are going to have leaderboards for an event and a time line...well stick too it. Its not hard to get on and shut things off.

I just have no interest to play if things are always going to be this way. My competitive nature wont allow me to have fun.

I owe some people some things so I will tie my ends on those. Get some things together in houses and either IDOC or give em away.

Till the next game folks.
  2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Dont let the Telamon / Chris timeline get you down. He let Xmas run until Vday! Every time I talk to him he has ALOT going on with his work IRL.

If your just burnt out then breaks are never a bad idea (my last break was 10 months). Just log in once a week and refresh, come back when your ready :)
    Fraggle, Asus, Pharoah and 6 others like this.
  3. Dr Satan

Dr Satan Well-Known Member

Sprinting an entire marathon event will do something to a brittanian. Events run long here, timelines more an estimate, and there is something going on most of the year.

Please consider sleeping on it, for at least 13 days if needed, then refreshing once more and see how it is towards end of the month.

Just advice as I have seen ever so many players burn out and let a straw break their back and after a few months away become filled with regrets and nostalgia after server suicide purging items, deleting chars, and unfortunately some will rage against the server doing damage to their rep on the way out.

Over the years we all break. We all burn out, and it's temporary. I farmed 1300hc one Easter from killing only fluffies, I think I took a break after. I hurt myself mentally by playing events 8-16hrs a day during it's entirety. It's addictive and the payoff isn't worth the sacrifice if you let indulgence turn to compulsion.

If you powered that hard something here you loved, don't go wild if ya can help it and see what you still may like or options are available after you regroup your thoughts and energy.

Or if the obsession is that strong.. do what ya think is best. Though a simple search shows the most obsessed return the quickest after trash barreled accounts.
  4. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is incredibly true and wise advice. Addictions can form in places you would not expect, and often times we dont recognize that this is what we are dealing with. I dont know if this applies to you, but at some point somebody might read this and realize that they need to step back, for their health. This is true, and real.

Sorry, not trying to hijack or change subject. I read this comment and just had to agree.

ON TOPIC: Yeah Jeebs, what is really annoying is the conversation about timeframes, that just never happen. It's at the point where you simply cannot take seriously ANY date or time that is referenced. Or any promise of events/town invasion/etc. You just cant listen to it. Just play man, just go out and have fun. If you need to, set your own mental goal for a leaderboard and snap a screenshot of it at a certain time and date. Test yourself, without putting your success or failure in the hands of a date or time that's been promised. I dont say this to take a shot at Chris, I know how life changing it is to have a child, and work gets hectic. I think Chris just needs to stop giving dates that things will happen, cause they dont. If there arent promises being missed, we all just play.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  5. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Don't do it, Jeebs!
    Kiryana likes this.
  6. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

People who bitch and complain and more than often whine about Chris are a threat to this servers existence. This dude is running the best version of UO out there with the best community and events out there. Chris has a family now and if he doesn't get the update out to HIS GAME which we all play for FREE than too F'n bad. He can take all the time he needs IMO. Eventually one of you pixel nerds with an unhealthy obsession is going to kill this game I love cause eventually Chris will quit if all you losers do is bitch and moan. Next time just leave w/o the attention whoring, whining and complaining.

With that said, good luck IRL and we'll see you back here in a few months.
    FrostDragon, Jethro, fooka03 and 16 others like this.
  7. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Amen
    FrostDragon, Miami, Zell and 3 others like this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

• found some friends
    • found our own content
    • take it day by day
    • having fun
    • don't count on anything
    • having lots of fun
    • yep

Sure, I can be heard going into little fits about server related things even to this day. However, I get how it is now. It's the way it is and that's that.
    Regardless of how I feel there is a game here to be played and it's damned fun with other people.

Get off that solo grind. Whoever you are out there... get off that train. It goes nowhere.

Join us. Join them. Join anybody. Play.

That's UO.
    Blendax, Zell, crazydaze and 5 others like this.
  9. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

delete the char that has the 10k eggs first so my guy goes up in the ranking ;)
    Hawkeye, Kiryana and Zyler like this.
  10. Roach

Roach Active Member

I've never understood these types of posts. Narcissism?
  11. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

Frustration mostly. And extreme UOR fatigue from burnout
    One likes this.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Someone always dumps a bunch of eggs at end. Dont fret it @Jeebs
  13. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

Zy I think the main issue is he spent millions of gold on eggs, tons of time to get more and if the event ended when it was supposed to he'd of placed 1st.

I totally get where he's coming from, like Shiloh was saying in irc, the egg count should have a cut off date when the event should have ended. That's a staff ball drop.
  14. Steady Mobbin

Steady Mobbin Well-Known Member

Sure. Maybe we can learn from this and grow.

You guys have been here far longer than me. What are the chances that in the future with events like this, we the community can enforce Chris' rules? Meaning, if we, or several of us timestamped the leaderboard with Jeebs winning and then once staff has time to award the winner, (jeebs,) it can be processed fairly? I understand that may currently be staffs responsibility, but what if we can offer an assist? Maybe form a counsel?

As a father of two teenagers I can tell you now Chirs' life isn't going to get any less busy. His updates aren't gonna get anymore punctual. In fact, Ive been here off and on for just a few years but Ive never seen an event start or end "on time", and that was before he had a kid(s). for me that's more than OK. Im happy to be here and Ive taken the mentality that Im here for the looooooong haul. I have a busy home life and I have to use discipline when it comes to playing UO. Otherwise I burn out. But I certainly understand jeebs frustration.

Chris isn't giving up any control, thats apparent. But maybe he'd be willing to listen to something like this to ease some of the burden off of him?
  15. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

In the past he's given out special rewards for the easter event placers. I'm sure Jeebs was trying to earn that and I can see where he's frustrated

Personally I enjoyed the extra time to earn hcoin and try to get boots/lucky charms, but I can total empathize with him
  16. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I never liked your avatar @Jeebs , but these are my problems haha. After talking with you, I realized that you are a great guy! I will be glad to meet you next ;)

*takes off his hat and bows*

Jesus Is King, Hollywood and wylwrk like this.
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

get at me dude... come talk to us. PVG's here for ya.
  18. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Jeebs, I feel your pain and appreciate your frustration.

I'm not going to shit talk because I don't think it's warranted, as like other people have said, we play here for free and this IS the best free UO server going. Hands down.

Just refresh your houses man. That's what I'm doing. Hold onto your shiny pixels and don't fully tap out.

I really do feel your pain though man. I thought CUB was coming with the Leps as that's what Chris said. It didn't happen and I wasn't surprised because I'm used to it now. I think I even said in a post that may have been yours where you asked when Leps were gonna get turned off to carry on filling your boots and not believe what's been said or stated anywhere as these things are always at Chris' discretion.

SoonTM isn't a recurring motto/joke for no reason here man.

You just have to accept it. I have. It's less enjoyable, but less stressful. You won't find an alternative to this place my dude. It doesn't exist. You just have to roll with it.
    RavenMagi and PaddyOBrien like this.
  19. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I very, very, very much doubt that but would obviously fully welcome being proved wrong.
    One likes this.
  20. Ragnar Lothbrok

Ragnar Lothbrok Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

damn Jeebs , that sucks man , i really hate for something like this make a guy quit , but this is just how it is with the timelines here , if he would have stuck to the orig date i would have not waited to turn my eggs in , they would have been in before the timeline end point , same with a lot of the people that flew up the leader board, right at the end ...... don't give up just yet , like other said just take a break and refresh , maybe it will slide out of your head one day and u will want to come back , if not then make that choice later , not when u are in a negative mind about what your deciding on... hope you at-least give that a shot

best of luck what whatever you do ;)
    RavenMagi and Dr Satan like this.