improperly placed forts.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Nov 5, 2020.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

So it looks like I and the previous owner of a house near wrong have bene screwed over by a Fort that is placed on a tree. Infuriatingly, the steps are 1 tile too close to the Fort for a large tower, but it fits totally fine on test center. Let me reiterate, the Fort is placed on a tree. What's worse is the Fort is completely empty and not being utilised.

How is this fair for players that enjoy having properties a tier lower than forts or castles but get f'd over because if illegally placed behemoth houses that are completely empty?

I'm out atm but will place pictures later.
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also have a tree in my fort, but mines in the CY. If it’s the one I’m thinking of the tree is in the middle of the lower ground floor right?

Placed back in the day and now grandfathered along with a few other wacky placed homes on the server.

As far as I know nothing can be done, you’re only reprise would be that if it falls it can’t be replaced with the current house placing mechanics.
  3. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

i was told, i believe it was a GM, a fort shares the Footprint of a CASTLE. this being said, a FORT can be placed on a spot where a tree or stump or rock (whatever) would fall in the CY of a castle (front, sides or back end of the CY.)

the coastal Fort at skara i sold recently has a tree under its footprint but is totally "properly" placed and not grandfathered.

i look forward for the pictures. im 99% sure its legit. empty or not... thats another question if its mine, its not empty ! haha
  4. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

Sorry, looks like I jumped the gun. Managed to place the fort in the identical spot of test center. Disregard lol