In Search of Lost Dresses

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

As the title of this story suggests, we first started out our adventure seeking clues as to the whereabouts of Athena's missing dresses.

She last saw them in her wardrobe in her frozen keep on the wretched Dagger Isle. (an island that is terribly misnamed, for it doesn't resemble a dagger in the slightest, unless you consider it metaphorically as a dagger in one's side, specifically in my side).

Anyhow, she didn't really see who broke into her house and changed all her locks, so we had very little clues to go on. Our minds quickly wandered to pranks to help stir up Athena's memory.

We set out to Moonglow to acquire some toiletries with which to adorn the watch tower of Cape Adalet. We sprang our juvenile decorations of toilet paper all along the watchman's post. The watchman appeared to be sleeping and didn't notice the pile of toilet paper that Jupiter flung right over his head! Lestat managed to fling one roll clear over the telescope of the watch.

Our pranks seemed to jostle Athena's memory, and she exlaimed, "I remember he was rather large, and tall, and looked menacing."

Turning to Borin, Jupiter nodded in unspoken agreement and said at the same time

"A Ratman"
    "A Balron"

Jupiter smiled at Borin's notion that a Ratman could have stolen Athena's dresses. "Let's go punch a Balron in the nose and interrogate him!"

After accosting several Balrons and their pals, we decided the Balrons had not in fact stolen any dresses, so we moved our investigation back to Yew. There we decided to see of one known as 'The Oven' had any black market information on the whereabouts of some stolen dresses. "I don't run in those circles anymore Jupiter! you know that!," the recovering powergamer exclaimed. Then he leaned in and whispered, "But if I were to start looking I'd start with this name." And he passed a folded parchment to the grey Wizard.

The search for the missing dresses will continue, and many more Balrons will be questioned thoroughly until such time as the dresses are found.

Jupiter_7-20_23.49.jpg

Jupiter_7-20_23.46-1.jpg
    Jupiter_7-20_23.44-1.jpg
    Jupiter_7-20_23.44.jpg
    Jupiter_7-20_23.43.jpg
    Jupiter_7-20_23.42-1.jpg

Jupiter_7-21_00.03.jpg
    Jupiter_7-21_00.07.jpg
    Basoosh, Vishakt, Xegugg and 3 others like this.
  2. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lost dresses! This is the kind of quest I can get behind.
    Jupiter likes this.