Ingot Prices

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Sean, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out with the averages of each ingot price here on the shard, Iron - Val. I've made a few sales through IRC and was trying to get some notes on the ballparks for each ingot type, thanks in advance, much appreciated!
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

8g for Iron.

Dull copper & Shadow can usually be sold for 9g.

For higher quality metals, the rule of thumb I've seen is to increment by 0.5g per level. That said, even at 9g a piece, higher quality metals will almost never sell. This is due to a variety of issues, but basically, there's next to zero demand for them.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Most recently on vendors, I have seen:

Iron - 8
    Dull - 8 - 8.5
    Shadow - 9 - 9.5
    Copper - 9
    Bronze - 10
    Gold - 10.5
    Agapite - 11
    Verite - 11.5
    Valorite - 12

I've recently bought a stack of 1,000 of each and I believe this is what I paid.

Indeed, colored ingots are not terribly in high demand, since 90% of the ingots used on this shard are merely used for training Blacksmithing to GM. And you can't resmelt colored ingot items you use for this training unless you have sufficient mining, so it's better to just use Iron.

Frankly, Dull Copper, Copper, and Bronze, which have virtually no commonly appreciated aesthetic appeal, should probably be *cheaper* than Iron, since they are less useful.
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Well, the lower tier colored metals are the only non-iron BODs being completed. I think that's where the demand for them comes from. Any BODs higher than those are just so rare no one can really complete them.
  5. Sean

Sean New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.