Interested and Looking For Answers

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by VanJack, Mar 27, 2020.

1. VanJack

VanJack Member

Hello UO Renaissance community. I played UO from 99 to 2006 and the memories of the enjoyment I had haunt me to this day. I was never much in to PvP and preferred to fish and craft with a little PvM thrown in for some excitement. I enjoyed hunting out bargains and reselling for a profit to earn my moderate wealth. In the last week I've been very interested in finding a server that might suit the cravings I have for that classic UO feeling. In the past I have tried some other free servers that offered much of that but I found it far too frustrating getting pk'd at every other turn. PvP is really not my thing.
    So I ask...
    1. is there a place for my playstyle here at UOR?
    2. Can I find the classic weapons and armor?
    3. Can I hit the open Sea and fish up sunken sea treasures?
    4. How is the community when it comes to helping refresh peoples memory or with help in training up new chars?

I'm sure you folks have gotten these questions before so my apologies if they bore or annoy you. I'm just very interested and curious if there's a place for my playstyle here a UOR. Looking forward to some responses.
    Thanks for your time,
    VanJack
    Zyler, eherruh, Kiryana and 3 others like this.
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi, welcome.

1. This is a largely PvM orientated server that has PvP alongside it. There are reds but they're really not overrunning the place. We're dated roughly 2001 or so with some well thought out additions/changes.

2. Yes. We are Force, Vanquishing etc weapons era here. Likewise Defence, Invulnerability etc for armour.

3. You can. Treasure maps, messages in bottles etc.

4. This is the friendliest UO community I've known. We have some assholes of course, but they are by far the minority. I think most of us understand by now that a dwindling overall UO playerbase means we should help each other out. I let my kids play here and I wouldn't do that if it was a cesspool.
    There are people who will loan houses to new starters, and give assistance with all sorts of other aspects.

You'll find near instant help most of the time in the Discord channel, I would highly recommend using it - https://discord.gg/9JtUTdP

Hope to see you around Brittania.
    Kiryana, Just A Guy and VanJack like this.
  3. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

Kiryana, Jill Stihl and VanJack like this.
  4. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

@VanJack Howdy! Despite the fact that I have a very stormy life and I am the president of one of the countries, I can’t leave this place! It is magical ... ;)
    Xavant_BR and VanJack like this.
  6. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

If you dont like getting pkd then stay out of dungeons. There's plenty of safe pvm you can enjoy though like fishing bottles, treasure maps and much more.
  7. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

There are somewhat regular player events including naturalist events which are mostly PvM.

Some events may involve a little PvP such as this the ending to this event which was pretty epic.

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-murder-of-ray-rice-naturalist-and-new-player-event.47194/

Thanks.
  8. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

UOR is best bro
    Jill Stihl likes this.