irc flash problems

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cherie, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

i cant get in to irc right now says owner of server needs to do something and the port needs to be changed?

As mentioned by the Adobe support on https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261624 the team has introduced another number of blocked server ports with the Flash Player version 24.0.0.194.
    Unfortunately this includes ports 6665-6669. We recommend that you change the IRCd port to a number outside of this range and adjust the lightIRC port (params.port) accordingly. Please remember that you'll also allow the new port in your flashpolicy.xml.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no other workaround lightIRC can do as this issue arises by a change in the Flash Player itself.

See also: lightIRC Support Issue 735 http://redmine.lightirc.com/issues/735

Flash Policy setup instructions
    When you can't connect to a server and the client shows a security sandbox violation message, the server the IRCd is running on does not allow connections from a Flash client.
    Due to the socket security policy Adobe introduced with Flash Player 9,0,124 you are forced to have a daemon that delivers a crossdomain.xml to allow establishing a connection.
    It is not a restriction of lightIRC, but one of Adobe Flash!

@Chris
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  3. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

On my desktop, it takes 3 times before I can log in the irc channel, but on my laptop it logs the first try every single time. For this reason I think it is a windows software issue.

Note: My laptop actually has a legal copy of windows.