IRC issues with connection. Please assist?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Intoxable, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Intoxable

Intoxable Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

2. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Whenever I get this, I close the browser and reopen and it usually works normally. No idea why it happens though.
  3. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

1) The IRC client on the site is flash-based.
    2) Everytime it tries to connect to IRC it uses a generic address (irc.cht4all.org I think) that redirects to a random server linked to the network;
    3) Some of the network servers do not allow connections incoming from flash-based clients, that's when you get this error;

Two possible solutions:

1) Get a real IRC client like mIRC (Windows), Textual (OS X) or you can even use an extension for Firefox such as ChatZilla: https://addons.mozilla.org/pt-br/firefox/addon/chatzilla/?src=search

2) Try reconnecting until the generic address directs you to a server that allows flash-based client and you are in.

Although I do really recommend a standalone client where you can set a lot of personalized options such as highlights, alerts, aliases, etc.
  4. Timbo Slice

Timbo Slice Active Member

Ill tell ya what the problem is for me when this happens, whether using Web based or Hexchat.. its ports on my router not being opened that need to be.More specifically 6667