IRC

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by newme, Sep 4, 2016.

1. newme

newme Well-Known Member

It's offical, I think I truly hate irc. Missed the event this morning because couldn't connect. Still can't. Even my alt. irc program wouldn't work.

Anyone else wish we had a different text communication system?

Maybe a in game world, global chat whatever they're called system? Yahoo, ICQ, anything ? LOL

thanks
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

There is that default newbie chat ingame but im not sure if it works, but i know you can get in it at least
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Hi and thanks Paddy.
    Long story: My friend managed to fix the issue. (kind of). He checked it out. Said part of the problem with the irc on this web site, is that it is a "browser irc" and that kind messes up lot. We even tried my alt. irc program. Guess what. It wouldn't work. THAN, he changed the port from 6667 to 6666 and works fine. Which is weird, because DarkWing said 6667 is the default port and should work. My friend said, that perhaps Comcast (for whatever reason) might have blocked 6667 or I might have accidently clicked on something which blocked it. (No clue, as I can't remembering doing anything needing a port except ircs lol

So if anyone is having same headaches with irc I had, might try a alt program and use port 6666.

Anyway. thought I'd do a little update.

:)
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome back to IRC then!