IRC

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Delta, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Delta

Delta New Member

So I just joined this server and am trying to connect with the community via IRC, but am having some technical difficulties. When I click on the IRC chatroom icon located on this website I can't chat with anyone and get the following message:

You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.chat4all.org (port 7000

I tried downloading the MIRC client, but I think I must have done this previously as I have no trial period left and am prompted to pay $20.00. Is this what everyone does? Am I not downloading the right client? I tried following the guide here in the foums, but the CNET download is not working.

Is there a discord channel? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hi, just upgrade your flash player for it does not have to pay money. I just updated the flash player in my browser and everything became smooth))
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  3. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

4. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Once your mirc trial ends it will sometimes prompt you to pay. It doesn't most of the time.

Try restarting the mirc app, and waiting on the first screen before clicking continue. This doesn't always work but point being you don't need to pay the subscription fee. Just open/close until it works.
  5. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

If you have google chrome there is an extension app called "CIRC" Its a free program that runs as a chrome.exe in task manager and take up VERY little memory/CPU.
  6. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber