Is Greater Heal OP right now?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Zagyg, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

The spell almost always heals low to mid 40 hit points and I've healed up to 50 once with a single gheal. I never played in Renaissance era so I'm not sure about the accuracy but it seems to me that this spell is overpowered at the moment. Just looking for some opinions from other players/staff on this.
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

magery * o.4 + (random(1,10)) = damage healed

Aside from that and its instant, and damaging spells have a delay, you can pretty much heal through anything unless you run around harm spamming every second spell

Greater heal 2 second cast duration, with instant result > any damage spell 1 second cast duration + 1 second damage apply delay
  3. Jento

Jento New Member

Heal isn't OP at all. If you think it's OP, then surely you could stand in a room and let me dump on you and be okay, yes?

Yes... instant heal, etc... but that two second cast is a killer when you need it NOW. Especially in a tight spot, when you don't get to run away.

As far as the damage, there's always been a miniscule delay. It's not really something to complain too highly about because it effects EVERYONE. Not only that, but the damage is happening, period. If I EB someone, they're taking that damage, no matter how many screens my spell has to chase them, and they will, in fact, take the damage before my EB visually hits them.

Heal is nice, but the damage you take is NOW, so having it heal as it does is a good thing. It doesn't make anyone OP for PvM, or for PvP. I wouldn't try to mess with something that's balanced. That's how people screw shit up. Case in point: Mindblast. 'Nough said.