Is mining supposed to be like:

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1 dig
    2 wait
    3 dig
    4 wait
    continue?

This is the slowest I've seen mining in my history of UO, this is quite terrible, I'm hoping it might be my connection and not the actual timer on the delay. Holy shit this sucks if you didn't catch that the first sentence.
  2. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

I don't get what the problem is mr Jack? Occasionally you dig a couple of times before getting any.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I forget the exact wait time, but yea, there is something like a 1.2 delay before you can swing again. I've not noticed it being ridiculous though. It's about the length of the swing animation. You can't go to a cave and turbo mine 16 shots in 1 second.
  4. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

as a person who's gmd probably 30+ miners, and always by either holding down an fkey (last object last target) or using a start stop mine last target macro (still using manual stop start keys and using dbl click to set last target) the usual rate of mining seems to go with the animation in a non stop smooth

dig (animation stops)
    dig (a.s.)
    continue

it's fast and fluid and doesn't seem like it's a dig wait dig situation, which if you mine by hand like I do for a couple of k of ingots at a time, it's way slower, more irritating and will just make me and folks like me not mine. I shouldn't be penalized with huge delays cause the razor happy script kiddies can abuse the game every way possible.
  5. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Mining actions are a problem. Sometimes when I recall to do a treasure map, I sit there for 5-10 seconds double clicking my shovel before I can even get a cursor to target my map. Whereas it's "not a big deal" - it's definitely not good, and there is no meaningful system message explaining why it's not working as expected.

These are the problems with servers that use custom mechanics. The mechanic may exist for a good reason, but the user isn't given a straight answer in-game, they'd have to page (adding to pages to the queue that could be avoided), or search the forums for something that isn't obviously a custom feature. It appears as a bug to the unknown eye.
    Jack of Shadows and Blaise like this.