Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by sanguine, May 3, 2014.

1. sanguine

sanguine Member

I recall during renaissance era jewelers in (trinsic or magnicia?) would occaisonally spawn wearing black sandals. Does this occur here?

Btw the way to obtain them was the simple cast explode and run out of town method. Free black sandals.
  2. sanguine

sanguine Member

3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No.
    True blacks are obtained through the Bulk Order Deed system. There are no 'rare' sandals on NPC here, that I'm aware of. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the old era reds, like 1634/44/54, dropping on the occasional evil NPC mage or something. Nothing easy like casting explo and running out of town, but something challenging. Perhaps an NPC mage 'boss' that has a 1/100 chance to drop his sandals. I dunno.
  4. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

the blacks were def pre UOR era more along the lines of t2a era
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Artists spawned in early 1998 with true black sandals mostly due to how the original code handled the absence of a hue. This was found and fixed but not before a large amount of the existed.
    Urza likes this.
  6. sanguine

sanguine Member

i remember farming those blacks and it had to be at least 6 months+ after I started. And I started playing UO using a UO renaissance disc I got in the mail as a trial (white disc)
  7. sanguine

sanguine Member

Funny I actually have no clue how I ended up playing UO For years and years.. A disc came in the mail addressed to me for a free trial of the game (I was like 12)..
    I honestly thought it was something for my schools "renaissance program" so I was like .. Well let's see what this garbage my school sent me is..
    Boom, hooked for 5+ years.
    Vlar likes this.
  8. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

The black sandals were patched but I do remember the hues spawning on artists as not being readily available (thanks to no leather dye and stuff at the time). I would lure them from town via enticement and then slay them, collect the sandals and turn around and sell.