Issue with

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by elmofthewoods, Nov 10, 2016.

1. elmofthewoods

elmofthewoods New Member

Hey guys. Just started up and excited to be apart of this community. Quick question, trying to set my display for performance. Im at 1200x1000 on a 17inch laptop monitor. I have a 1080 gpu, seems a bit laggy and I don't know if its me or just the game. Above the black boxes occur, not sure if my forced game size is too big or I should set my settings differently. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'd first start HERE and absorb as much as you can.
    There are a few key settings that might come into play with your described problem.

Once that's done, if no change then yes try lowering your game window resolution settings.
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

It's not your graphics card, the game is not designed to operate with such a large game screen.

Any time you set your game screen to exceed something like 1000x1000 px, you'll start seeing black little artifacts appear on screen, the more you stretch the screen, the more artifacts you'll see.
    Jean-Pierre likes this.
  4. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've had good luck with 900 x 675. After you set a new "Force Game Size" in Razor you don't need to restart the client either. Just go into your options (the options button on your paperdoll in the UO client), and click on "Apply" there. That will change the game size to whatever you set it to in Razor. Try playing around with it a bit and see which gives you the best results with minimal black corners & artifacts.
  5. Merrit

Merrit New Member

My Force game size doesn't seem to work at all, i have it checked and i have the size i want but it doesn't change. Even if i close the game completely.
  6. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member

In the Troubleshooting Razor & Client Problems thread there's a section about that labeled "Force Razor Resolution Does not Work."

Here's a link to that section in the troubleshooting thread:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/troubleshooting-razor-client-problems.3960/#post-34623

Hopefully what's suggested in there will fix it for ya.
  7. Merrit

Merrit New Member

Thanks bud, i think i'm running with compatibility for windows 7. Maybe that's it, i'll try.