Item Identification Success Chance

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Alvien, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

Hello,

I understand at 100/GM item identification allows a person to ID all the items in a chest/bag.

Is the success of identifying a single item a percentage of our actual skill?

For example; if I have 50 item identification will I have a 50% chance to ID a weapon in a bag?
  2. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I believe it is a one time, fail or identification check....so either you identify everything in the chest or you identify nothing and have to try again in 10 seconds
  3. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I've never failed to ID anything at GM other than house signs. This includes individual items and bags/containers. You can also ID Treasure Chests and Dungeon Chests, once they've been disarmed.
  4. Alvien

Alvien Well-Known Member

I was interested in the success chance to identify a single item in a bag.

In a build I'm working on I have 50 skill points left to allocate.

Rather than carry an identification wand I was considering training item ID up to 50 so I can ID things while traveling, but I was interested to know if the chance to ID an item depends on how "powerful" a magic item is or if it is just a percentage chance based on your skill.

For example: with 50 item ID would I only be able to ID things up to Might etc or would I have a 50% chance to identify any single magic item.