Item stuck under the porch

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by lawn elder, Nov 19, 2019.

1. lawn elder

lawn elder Well-Known Member

Has anyone else ever gotten something stuck under their porch? I was trying to do some deco, using the interior decorator tool and I accidentally moved an item under the porch. I can see it when I am not standing on the porch because of transparency, but when I stand on the porch (when I am able to use the deco tool) The porch loses its transparency and I am unable to raise the item back above the porch. Any solution to this besides re-deeding the house? That would be a massive pain in the ass.
  2. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Can you Alt+Shift and target the items grey nameplate?

Another thing, its probably too late now but, Last target helps a lot with stuff like that. Even if you cant target it by clicking, if its the last thing you targeted, last target will allow you to manipulate it.
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  3. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've done exactly this before and that^ was the solution. But it is [ctrl]+[shift], not [alt].

If you have too many items in the house to get the nameplate up try approaching the house from off screen and see if you can get it to appear. Then keep it up until you are on the steps.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  4. lawn elder

Yes! I am at work right now but this seems like a workable solution. A bit of a duh-doy moment for me actually. Thank you! I will let you guys know how it works out.
  5. lawn elder

Update, I wasn't able to get the nameplate for whatever reason, but I could click the item to get the name to float, run on the porch and use the interior deco tool to raise it.
    MikeK likes this.
  6. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If it happens again, there is a hotkey in razor for "set last target". You use that, target the item, and then when you use your deco tool to raise it, when the target cursor comes up you just hit your hotkey for last target and it will work.