Journal of Nymeros - Entry 1: The Bowman's Hut

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Nymeros, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

*Nymeros picks a table at Britannia Public Library, sits down, puts his lantern on the desk, fills a quill pen with ink and starts writing into his journal*

In search of a new home, I met a wanderer in the woods, a bowman or sorts who needed my help to recover his equipment from his ship. As a panicking fellow as he is, he also dropped his keys to the boat which made everything go worse for him.Although my priority is to identify a landscape to call a second home after my exile, i believed i could take a break.

I and Rhoy (more so Rhoy, as he is great at identifying shiny objects) assisted him finding the key, however the bowman identified his ship was sinking. He said he knew a tower in the middle of an island in the Lake of Justice, owned by a man named Jupiter, and told me we could "borrow" his ferry. An invisible and silent Jupiter allowed us to take his boat.

On our way back to the coast, we encountered a small batch of harpies who thought Rhoy would make a good dinner, so we had to prove them otherwise. I tried to cast the bolt of energy in a new way i was thinking of doing, while the bowman gracefully shot one after the other relatively easily.

We made to the ferry of Jupiter and set sail for the bowman's sinking ship. Luckily, we were able to get his supplies (which I had tie on back of Rhoy, since they were very heavy for me to carry).

Once we got off his supplies, the ship sank. He immediately setup a small hut to preserve his supplies but i'm unsure if he can move out of the area very soon. This cheap and ungrateful man also gave me only a handful of pears to feed Rhoy for my time. I'm not very sure if i'm inclined to help him again.

The bowman calls himself Rex, and I shall keep a close eye on him if he's going to be my neighbour in these parts.

N, 30 *unreadable scribble where the month's name should be*
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I did visit this shack only last night, though it was not what I set out to do.

I had walked South from Britain to find the village of Paws, for I have heard much of it. While there, I met a freeman named Catalin who asked me if I'd like to accompany him on his rounds - it seems the monsters around the village have been creeping ever closer to the settlement. We were able to drive them back, fortunately.

It was some time after this, during our search for a suitable pub in the nearby city of Trinsic, that word came to a friend of Catalin's named Jupiter informing us that we were invited to visit this Rex fellow and his new hut. I was happy to tag along, for my newly adopted home of Moonglow is nice but I have found most of the people there to be a bit aloof. As such, I am always looking to meet new friends.

Icas Rex met us on the shore of Lake Justice, bringing with him a few monsters that had followed him. He complained that the wildlife doesn't seem to like his presence there but feigned ignorance as to why, as I watched him plug any nearby animal full of arrows! He was a bit peculiar. Perhaps even dangerous, but I enjoyed his presence. He brought us to his shack, where we met a jolly drunkard named Lone Starr who was working on building a shack of his own. Later, we visited the cemetery and came across a ghoul named Brymstone who, despite his foul odor and terrifying visage, turned out to be quite pleasant company!

All in all, it was a memorable evening and I look forward to my next visit whereupon I should hope to see you, Nymeros.
  3. Rex

Rex Active Member

Twas a horrible shipwreck an me be lucky to spot Nymeros wandering the wilderness. No doubt all me cargo would have sunk down to davey jones locker had ye not come along with Rhoy and helped.

As fer how an experienced pirate such as myself became shipwrecked, well on that I place the blame squarely on the booze and me tillerman who was found to be sleeping during his watch. Alas I now find meself landlocked and shipless, a most undesirable set of conditions however I shall soon set about building another. There is bound to be a craftsman in the area, I just need to find out what I can do fer them in order to contract their services in boat construction. Fer the time bein, I put a few signs up in the vicinity seeking a craftsman, hopefully someone will help an old sailor out.

msg.jpg