Journal of Nymeros - Entry 4: The King of Ancient

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Nymeros, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

*a letter lands to the office of Coinmaster of Trinsic and attached is a bill of materials*

Coinmaster,

Apologies in delaying the report, but i am sure you will understand the reasoning.

The map i have found seemed unreadable therefore i have used some coin to hire a cartographer. The cartographer told me that without a band of adventurers,it would be impossible to defeat the guardians that guard the chest that could lead us to the fish-thief.

I have sent out ravens to recruit these adventurers, and i was able to employ the following adventurers:

Axel, a warrior who can play instruments to rouse creatures and riding a ghost-horse
    Jupiter, a wizard in gray with prominent magical power, also uses a staff to fight
    Mephesto, a beastmaster who happens to have a liking for lizard-birds
    Pedigar, a shield-bearing knight who speaks little, but fights well
    Kharaddun, the sea travelling cartographer who can rouse creatures by using instruments

Jupiter hosted us in his tower, where he leads the Village of Paws.

cape adalet.jpg

We were able to read the map thanks to the combined efforts of the musician and a maiden which was conjured by the wizard, and we made our way towards Hedge Maze, after the number "83" appeared on the map.

We were able to dispatch a pack of hell hounds, 1-2 gargoyles, and few earth elementals. Upon reaching the chest, we found most of the contents useless, except for a book which had the following riddle:

"In the bowel of the reptile
    Following the trail of blood by a mile
    A blue eye hosts
    In the king of ancient and vile"

Not making much sense, we returned to the maiden. We did not grasp the gravity of the situation until the maiden opened up a gate to the den of dragons, Destard, Enemy of Valor.

At this sight, the picture was clear, the clue to the fish-thief lied in the bowels of an ancient wyrm, the eldest of the dragons. We went through the gate to see this magnificent creature.

destard3_1_large.png

Unfortunately, we were not numerous enough to take this beast on, neither we were fully equipped. Myself and my mount were knocked down, but i was able to escape with the help of Axel and Jupiter.

Please find the attached bill of materials covering my expenses. I am awaiting your reply for coverage of my expenses, which are approximately hundred thousand gold coins.

Nymeros,
    Account Clerk
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

*a letter lands in Cape Adalet, attached to a pidgeon alongside a check*

Nymeros,

Following your last 2 reports about the ancient wyrm and the Occlo incident , I am sending a check of 100,000 gold coins to cover your expenses. However since you did not seek approval for the expenses and as per breach of contract regarding polymorphism into daemons, you are no longer employed by Royal Bank of the Trinsic, as we believe you are too dangerous to be a banker.

I'd suggest you join the Magi, for this field of work seems more suitable for you.

Ober,
    Coinmaster of Trinsic
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Alice Asteroid, Jupiter and ReZon like this.