Journal of Nymeros - Entry 5: Exploding Occlo

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Nymeros, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

*Nymeros writes on a parchment, labelled by 4 "x" (unreadable name for the month)*

Today a strange thing occured in Occlo. While I was doing my bank investigation, I found lots of glowing critters rambling around in the southern part of the city. Quickly calling guards, I found my calls unanswered as a running town crier told me guards have ran away from their duty, before exploding.

I managed to get in my gear just in time to face the onslaught of exploding glowing critters all around Occlo. A glowing lizardman came at me, but died before exploding thanks to a few spells i have been practising, while another was impaled by my spear.

It was then, a swarm came out of a portal attacking citizens and merchants. I gathered Rhoy to escape before seeing some citizens gating in with their enslaved dragons. Luckily dragons seem to be immune to glowing critter explosion and the danger was dispatched relatively safely.

2015-07-04_MonsterBash_03.jpg

I've heard a new police order has been founded in Occlo and I have been approached to join them. We seem to be align on suspecting the new mages taking up the shop, after the old ones died in the attack. There is a possibility something unnatural, as all jewellers were replaced as well. Considering they bring in the majority of the wealth of the town, alongside magi controlling the powerful wards protecting it, this will require further investigation from scholars. Someone might be using this attack as a cover up to put men into important positions.

I fear my time with bank of Trinsic is coming to an end, after witnessing the ancient wyrm first and now this. I can't waste my time with petty fish thieves while the realm is going through this.

Nym
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015