Jupiter: A study in field medicine, disguises, and wizard bashing

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Cordelia Black, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

ALL HONOR AND RESPECT TO JUPITER FOR TURNING MY RANDOM PICTURES INTO A STORY OF OUR EPIC ADVENTURE,WORTHY OF THE DANGERS AND LAUGHTER WE FACED AND SHARED!

/ Cordelia Black
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Lord Krake, diran and Alex Caember like this.
  2. diran

diran Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

cant what to see it man
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  3. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

YYUUSSSSS
  4. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Cordelia Black's Cantankerous Caper: A study in field medicine, disguises, and wizard bashing

"You old fool!" Cordelia's cordialities were in want of minor improvements, but Jupiter knew she meant well enough. "Rumors are spreading of a rampaging Ogre Lords. Bring your ol' brittle back and fling a few spells on our behalf will ya?"

Jupiter knew she meant no real ire with her words, but he played along none-the-less and looked to man leading the group, "Lord Krake, I see you keep only the best of company as usual. And who is this new fellow?"

"This here," Lord Krake was clearly beeming behind his helm, "This is Diran and already know Bloodlust. I have asked them to come with me to test their field medic capabilities. No better source of bumps and bruises than a Titan and the Ogre Lords."

Jupiter nodded, and the hunt began.

Deep within the dungeon the group encountered a master tracker, Dun Scaith, who had heard similar rumors and who warned the group that there was an evil Ogre Mage who was rousing the Lords into a frenzy.

The group came up with plan to blockade the Ogre's bridge, surely after slaying half a dozen Lords, the Mage would appear to deal with matters directly. However, it seemed the Mage was far too elusive and was satisfied sending as many Lord's to their deaths as the trio could decimate.

It was then that Dun Scaith suggested a ruse and disguise. He would approach the alter disguised as Christos of Minoc, the legendary Ogre slayer who was famed for single handedly slew over 500 ogres is the Ogre wars.

The plan was a success, and the mage appeared instantly in a rage. Yet the Mages fury was not enough and he fell quickly to Sanctuary's Guard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(ps why you know imgur bro? stuck in the 90s with zip files)
  5. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

What this didnt show, is that we indeed summoned an Ogre Mage and slew it, melee, with the help of but a few casts from a Nightmare we had there.

The amazing part was that after killing 20-25 Ogre Lords, we joked about using "forbidden magic" to summon the Mage. Dun Scaith Ingogged into Christos, said some random magic sounding words at the alter, and then BAM the Orge Mage spawned at that exact moment. It was perfect and we all-capped yelled in game before rushing over to kill it.

Got pec meat, got some plat, made about 30k and have a great story from it.
  6. Cordelia Black

Never understood the thing about Jupiter. Hes always the hero of the quest,but like gandalf, does he ever even throw a spell?
    What an old bag! Crooked back to go with his crooked shepherds cane. Yet there is magic about the old fart. Or maybe it was just a fart?

We started off on the wrong foot as you can read here,but we grew to respect each other. Though he sometimes forgets where he is or what he is doing,
    he always does a great job doing it!

12.png 10.png
    3.png
    Xegugg and Dun Scaith like this.
  7. Cordelia Black

Dont forget how at the bank pic,you had just divided and given everyone their share. And Bang, server crashes and resets to where you have all the loot but undivided in your bank. Poor old krake,i couldnt let you sort my share again so let you keep it!

Was it the death curse of the ogre mage? @Jupiter Pray tell what do you see in your crystal balls?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  8. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

When tracking goes from no human query to a large number of folks, adventure has to happen. Or dirt naps... one of the two.
    I believe those magic sounding words were Kal In Ex. I didn't even think Christos existed until that moment.

Definitely a nice way to meet a good group of people, If you're in PS and need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.
  9. Cordelia Black

Aha! The bearded lady bard shows his/her face!
    Or were you a bearded man,and a bard?
    Or a man who played his beard like a bard,to distract monsters?

Will we ever know the depth of your history and mystery?
    I dare not say...
  10. Dun Scaith

I can't be sure who was playing that drum, but I do also recall some ghost mocking us via a communication crystal for any misstep or folly.

"The power of Christos compels ye!"
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  11. Cordelia Black

Much yet remains to be answered,who would dare taunt the heroes who slew the ogre mage himself? I sense an adventure happening. There is someone,some thing... out there,bigger and stronger. And we need to kill it.
  12. Dun Scaith

Hopefully Sir Diran can stay vigilant. I thought it was a training mission.
    Jupiter and Cordelia Black like this.
  13. Cordelia Black

I think we have stumbled upon the very apocalypse,if we do not move swiftly. I believe only a farmboy on a heroes journey can face the threat and save Sosaria.
    I believe that ogre mage was just a cog in a larger machine. We need to talk to a Dark one,a king among liches. I believe it to be he who taunted us through crystals with foul,tainted magic and crude insults.
  14. diran

diran Well-Known Member

Well if we have to go slay the undead for taunting us you can be sure I will be there with my power silver scimitar to help weed out those undead monsters.
    Dun Scaith and Cordelia Black like this.
  15. Cordelia Black

The whole quote did not make it in my journal photo but theres a part where i truly said:
    He'll take on an army and win.

Glad to have you, Superman! :D
  16. diran

diran Well-Known Member

and now with my vanq silver axe let them come.....
  17. Cordelia Black

As a native Scandinavian,i dub you a Karoliner.

English lyrics. Viking language song. The karoliners are studied to this day,their tactics are the reason why vietnam kill rate went from 1 in 50 000 bullets hitting a person to 60% of soldiers shooting to kill today. Against russia we won 20 000 vs 60 000 with 518 losses, 43 000 kills. hehe. I dub thee one of us.

ONE OF US!
    ONE OF US!
  18. Cordelia Black

Heres your coronation song (You will LOVE the lyrics and tone! ) @diran

Our king was only 18,
    so russia,
    poland,
    ukraine,
    the saxons,
    denmark,
    finland and
    the holy roman empire declared war.

Oh ,he told the pope after the pope denounced him "My crown comes not from the church but from god himself" He then killed,at a low estimate, 30% of the entire population of the holy roman empire. Sweden wasnt always the gender study rape capital of europe.
    He defeated all by age 25. Took over poland,ukraine,most of saxony,all of norway denmark and finland and burned more of russia than any man in history before or after.

You gotta live up to that legacy and more,if we area to face THE DARK ONE, that now threatens all of sosaria.
  19. Cordelia Black

@Jupiter I dub thee Carolus Rex, see song above. I finally will stop mocking your crooked back and when you forget to put on a robe or think a "bathrobe" is appropriate battle attire.... @Lord Krake i Dub thee A Hakkepellite , the Karoliner cavalry. Finnish cavalry who would ride in from the side after a deadly volley, and Shout HAKKA PELLI (HACK THEIR HEADS). Together considered more lethal than event he spartans. My military friend in the states said he had to study 17-18th century Karoliner warfare tactics for modern officer special forces training. As the tactics developed,while adapteed for the modern battlefield hold true especially when a large forge engages a small one, or when one uses a proxy insurgency. All intended to inflict maximum fear and casaulty rate at minimum risk and cost to ones own often much smaller fighting force.

So,Rise,honored Head chopper Lord krake :D (on account of the halberd).

Here is YOUR song:

swedish band that sing mainly in english,but translate their own very few swedish songs,so lyrics are not only accurate but the band wrote the english version too.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  20. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

What movie is this clip from?