Kings and Men

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Mandevu, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Make sure to put in highest quality. This is a compilation of fights from the past few nights, not including last nights biggest fights that I've seen on this server to date.

ebola, Lord Krake, Mindless and 2 others like this.
  2. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Not to nitpick, but how come it doesn't have any of the SL fights? I mean, Isabel went down I think 3 or 4 times last night,
  3. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

At least 3 times that I recall, maybe more though. I know CoM got me at least once & SL did as well, I think twice. There we're just too many ppl across all 4 factions out & about fielding for us to not come out & tag along regardless of how short on heads we we're to match up against the #'s of CoM & SL

I probably lost upwards of 30~ some points & that's not including the ones i made back from kills in the process haha -.-

That's why, b/c the fights from last night where SL was out on the field weren't included in this video. I'm not entirely sure if that's because he wasn't recording during those fights or just hasn't yet gotten around to reviewing it & getting it posted up.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

well don't I look stupid
  5. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Actually, I remember now that SL did get me at least twice, but one of the kills was to somebody who had already gotten me on a death before, so I didn't lose anything from it. I think that happened with CoM once as well.

Pretty sure that SL ended up killing every single one of us at least once by the time it was all said & done & we all called it a night & left the field (was like 5-6am for me lol)
  6. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Yeah we did incredibly well that night
  7. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Those nightmares are a real pain in the ass

whatever you're feeding those things, stop, they're not friendly, at all

pretty sure one of them hit me with a clutch poison right in the middle of one of your drops that killed me ;/
  8. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what got you the first time. To be fair though CoM has had blue tamers around during their fights for ages, so I really don't think having a tamer on the field is anything new
  9. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Not at all anything new, at least not for me. I was actually quite surprised (& curious to see how well it'd work vs so many different groups of numerous oranges) to see one of you guys rolling a tamer on the field (from majority of my experiences this quickly becomes a real hassle & delay-of-game so to speak, since pets are deathly slow when they're in an active-aggression mode against another player & drag ass falling behind almost instantly)

During the earliest stages of the server's launch (after the alpha/beta had ended & the official launch went live) I used to roll my tamer in factions regularly, but it quickly devolved into ppl intentionally avoiding me altogether since nobody (& rightfully so) wanted to fight a faction tamer & especially against the tactics I was using with it at the time lol -- I was in tb back then & the base hadnt yet been moved out of LB's castle, so i would just lure ppl into the castle with a precasted energy field & pre-set last target to the doorway of the stables & field them inside as soon as they followed me in & just claim/all guard me 2 7x white wyrms & dismount my mare

Since teleport is restricted within faction strongholds you literally had no chance to survive unless you were super quick with your hotkeys (& actually had a dispel field key set) + had inscription with protection already in effect. Otherwise, gg

It was incredibly cheap & lame imo (at least it was for me to be doing it, since I was just doing so for the lols & could've just ran Isabel instead to fight & make legit kills) so it was pretty short lived on my end & ended up taking my tamer out of factions at that point to swap in a different pvp build, one that would actually get fights & not just make majority of oranges avoid me on sight ;/
  10. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I don't think that had changed much, I still try to avoid you, and I'm never successful
  11. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Well, solo perhaps sure, but if I were still running Radagast around in factions like I did then, after probably the first time (if you guys even were to fall for it & take the bait, but im skeptical you would since you guys seem to be equally as cautious as we are about what we do & where we go, given our #s etc) it worked & you fell victim to it you'd just avoid me altogether regardless of whether or not you had enough people to zerg me on a tamer w/ pets guarding.

I just went & repeatedly killed/refreshed the white wyrm spawn until I was able to get 2 max-dex (130) wyrms & then 7x'd them. In such a tight & confined space like all of the areas I used to setup traps in its just silly how effective & over-powered they are.

That + i'd just stand there spamming debuffs against anything they'd cast over first circle, so only a scribe could have any chance to escape.

The faction scene back then tho was minimal at best, if even that. So out of interest to try & help promote growth on the field etc I just removed him & swapped him over to another account to put Torin in as my secondary solo faction character. That was probably around 2 years ago now, wild how long ago that was & how much things have changed since then (was back before Chris retired the account transfer/swap system & you could buy deeds for those services from the hair restyling npc just like name changes)
  12. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Well I think it's heading in the right direction, those last fights were almost as big as the fights used to be on OSI in era
  13. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

That's what ive been hoping to accomplish for a long time now, hopefully things continue to progress forward as they have been here the past couple weeks~ & we can keep hyping the pvp scene into a shit-storm of oranges.

I know at one point last night, for about a solid 20-30min straight, my 2nd pc I have here next to my main which I just use to run my 3rd client & ghost-scout off of (was parked at the teleporter inside buc's for most the night & didnt move except for in/outside) had so many ppl & enemy factions coming & going on/off screen that I couldn't even use my journal to get a rough approximation of which group had what for #s etc, b/c it just kept getting flooded off the journal before I could back-scroll it to count lol (I wouldn't dare open up my journal.txt on that PC, it'd prolly kill it instantly & permanently)
    Kane likes this.
  14. Mandevu

Because I didn't have those videos when I made this one. This one is from thur/fri night fights and when I cropped everything we hadn't fought on sat. Don't worry though, Kane, I will make one that includes those fights as soon as I have adequate enough clips. I have a ton from sat but haven't started sorting through them yet.
    Isabel and Kane like this.
  15. Mandevu

Dear lord this guy is writing essays
  16. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Tbh I just kinda skimmed
  17. Isabel

Isabel Active Member

Going to go ahead & nominate you for the first guy to knowingly derail his own thread, just to spite me.

Also; get good, k tks
    Blaise, Mandevu and Kane like this.
  18. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

Sweet Video, Epic Music...swiftfeet goes back to Minax like the days of old, rolling around on his "Support Archer"
    Kane likes this.
  19. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

You gonna be out today?
  20. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

ill be in and out all day today so I am not sure.