Kirby's All-In-One Fishing System

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kirby, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This guide is being posted as a supplement to similar ones posted by @Cynic (Click Here for Cynic's guide), and @Ahirman (Click here for Ahirman's guide) to show how diverse fishing macros can be. Check out all of the macros posted and see if any are to your liking, or make your own! That's what I did. I didn't base my macro on anyone else's. I started from "double click fishing pole" and built it up from scratch based on what worked for me.

Kirby's Guide to the Kirby Fishing System

Details!

> My system works best with 3 fishers, although it's not required. All fishers are mages. The only skills required to make the macro work are fishing, mage, med, and eval. (see below for more explanation on my fisher's skills)
    > In order for my macro to work, all of your fishers MUST be in the same guild. I also party my guys together, but that's not a requirement.
    > This only requires one macro that all fishers share, and a scavenger agent.
    > BE SURE to select the razor option for dropping fish at your feet!
    > The "Self Defense" part of the macro will automatically trigger (See below) but the macro can be easily turned into a mage turret as explained below.

Okay, so my explanation assumes you'll be using 3 fishers. You have your main fisher, and your 2 alt fishers. I place my fishers on the 2nd tile behind the mast.
    I only use one macro that all of the fishers share, so the fishing pole double click is by type. I have found that for some reason it doesn't always work if your character is holding the fishing pole, so I keep my fishing poles in my fishers packs. This also leaves their hands free for spell casting.

You will need to make a scavenger agent with the following items, and make sure ALL of your fishers have these items on scav:

(1) raw fish steaks
    (2) sulfurous ash
    (3) cuts of raw ribs
    (4) black pearl
    (5) gold coin
    (6) cut up leather

Here is my screen layout when I'm fishing. Things are not organized like this for the photo op. This is what I see every time I go out fishing. Pay special attention to my fisher's backpacks.

layout.png

Kirby is my main fisher, and Regis and Nicky are my alt fishers. The macro targets the relative location, 2 tiles away in the direction they are facing in that picture.

After you make sure you have the correct razor options and scavenger items set up, all you need to do is make ONE macro, with the following:

Code:
    !Loop
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|oh
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|0|I GOT ONE!
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|0|LOOK!  WE NEED TO ATTACK!
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|big fish
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|41|3|ENU|0|This one's got a HUGE FISH!!
    Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|net
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|0|Got one with a net, boss!!
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|parchment
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|2|17|52|Arrr!!  Thar be a map to treasure!!
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|bottle
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|0|Ahoy!  Someone appears to be in trouble, boss!!
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3520|True
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|10
    Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-3|3
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02.5000000
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|biting
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|2|16|93|forward right one
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|21|3|ENU|5|48|54|4|241|97|stop
    Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:07
    Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3542|True
    Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|90
    Assistant.Macros.MacroCastSpellAction|42
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1511|

Leave your boat stationary. This macro does not require you to have your boat constantly moving. Your fishers will move your boat when needed. I put this into the macro because when I was first building my macro, my internet connection wasn't the best, and I got tired of losing conn, and logging back in on a random island while my boat sailed across the ocean on its own. When your fishers see the system message "Fish don't seem to be biting here" (or whatever it says...the macro looks for the word "biting"), each of your fishers will say "forward right one", which essentially moves your boat forward right 3 times (since 3 characters are saying it). Just start the macro, and have fun!

What to Expect When You're Expecting...to fish

Attacking monsters

Did you fish up a monster? This macro has an app for that!

I call it the "self defense" part of my macro. Essentially, it watches each character's health and makes that character spam E-bolt at the closest monster when the character's health is at 95 or less. If your fisher's STR isn't 100 for some reason (because you like black and white screens and characters in death robes?) then adjust the macro accordingly. Basically, a monster attacks one of your characters, and that character attacks back, BUT the bonus feature of this is that you can use it to turn your alt fishers into mage turrets. All you need to do is to move your main fisher 2 tiles away and cast lightning bolt at each of your alts. This drops their health down below the threshold and causes them to start attacking the closest grey. If your fishers are all guilded together as I suggested, then the closest grey will be the monster.

IMPORTANT: Once you attack your alts, your main will want to wrestle them, and the alts will want to wrestle your main. Be sure ALL 3 of your fishers cast at least one spell at the monster AFTER you trigger your alts. This will keep them from trying to throw punches at each other during/after the fight.

The best part about this is, since this is all included in the fishing macro, your fishers are still fishing between castings. I have found that it is best to STOP your main fisher's macro during the fight, so you can focus him on healing and looting.

I only use the mage turret feature when facing someting my main can't handle on his own. If I just come across a regular serpent, I let my alts fish, and handle it with my main.

IMPORTANT!! The "self defense" portion of this macro does not look for red characters or NPCs...only GREY.

Here's a short demo video of the mage turret feature:

Looting corpses

This is the reason for the scavenger agent. For this macro, I don't use restock agents to loot. At first I was using ONE character to hold all the loot, then I realized I was running to the hold too often, so I started using scavenger instead. This is very easy. Simply use your main fisher to loot, and just toss the items you loot onto the deck next to your alt fishers, and let them scav them. The only items I DON'T toss down are mibs, maps, nets, amibs, and weps/armor. Those items I keep on my main fisher. Regular sea monster loot (regs, gold, hides, meat), I just toss down for scav.

I also find that with the way I have my macro set up, it's very important to DROP YOUR ANCHOR as you loot. Otherwise, you could find your boat sailing away as you try to loot a corpse.

Fishing Macro Messages

This macro has your fishers yelling at you, so pay attention. Also, remember to be careful of AFK gumps when using this macro. Here are the messages you will see your fishers yelling at you and what they mean:

"I GOT ONE"
    "LOOK! WE NEED TO ATTACK!"
    >> These messages will display every time you fish up a monster. This message will always be followed by one of the following messages, depending on what loot the monster has in it.

"This one's got a HUGE FISH!!"
    >> The fished up monster has a Big Fish. (My macro I use actually has the fisher cursing at me, here, but I altered the message for the guide).

"Got one with a net, boss!!"
    >> The fished up monster has a Special Fishing Net. This does not distinguish between regular nets and hued fishing nets.

"Arrr!! Thar be a map to treasure!!"
    >> The fished up monster has a level 1 treasure map.

"Ahoy! Someone appears to be in trouble, boss!!"
    >> The fished up monster has a mib in it. This does NOT indicate an amib.

Meet the [K$C] Master Baiters!!
    Here, I will tell you about my fishers, and the skills I picked for them. All of them are almost identical, with the same 6 skills, but each has a unique 7th skill that makes them work well together as a team.

Kirby: (Main fisher...unique skill: Item Identification)
    >
    Fishing
    > Hiding
    > Magery
    > Meditation
    > Evaluating Intelligence
    > Resisting Spells
    > Item Identification (for identifying magic weapons and armor)

Regis: (Alt fisher...unique skill: Tracking)
    >
    Fishing
    > Hiding
    > Magery
    > Meditation
    > Resisting Spells
    > Tracking (for finding stray sea mobs and keeping an eye out for pirates)

Nicky: (Alt fisher...unique skill: Snooping)
    >
    Fishing
    > Hiding
    > Magery
    > Meditation
    > Resisting Spells
    > Snooping (for being paranoid. Sometimes (rarely), I share my boat with other fishers, and occasionally, I snoop them to make sure they aren't taking the good loot (amibs or hued nets) for themselves.)

Well, that's it! I will keep checking this post periodically to see if there's anything I forgot. My memory isn't the best. Enjoy your fishing, and be safe out there!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Azerothian likes this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

4. Desolate

Desolate Active Member

I wanna thank you big time for this write up. It inspired me to really give my fisher a go and then create 2 more. I actually emulated my characters about 99% with yours though i am still working on their hiding and eval. Don't need snooping, not as of right now but still trying to decide what to replace that skill with. The macro works great, and when they yell when danger is near, its such a life saver. I did add a separate macro for ebolt spamming near greys. I figure since im attending anyway, It's just faster for me to Stop all 3 macros, then hit my hot key 3 times and get it done.

I have 3 different macros that I use for my fisher's. Probably soon to be 4 or 5.
    1. Macro that you posted, nothing done to it, for my main fisher.
    2. Stripped down version of your macro for my 2 alts that don't say "forward right one" and "stop" - I found that they were going absolutely nowhere as them saying stop kept conflicting with the movement of the boat. Maybe my fault for not syncing it up right.
    3. Ebolt Spam- Basically just copied the Ebolt part of the macro and made it its own macro. When I see them yelling, I stop all macros, then hit my Hotkey (F9) for all 3 screens and sea serpent goes down fast.

I officially started them on their journey last night so I'm still learning as life on the sea is new for me. But wanted to show my appreciation for the time you took to write this up. It's given me a new way to play Uo after all these years and something to do besides farming dungeons.
    Azerothian and Kirby like this.
  5. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

@Desolate thank you for checking out my macro and for making one of your own. Honestly, I'd prefer for people to change my macro up so that it works for them, rather than changing how they play to suit my macro. The possibilities for effective fishing macros is almost limitless. Just a couple of points of clarification:

for #2, the reason I have them say "forward right one" AND "stop" is because if you just move your boat one space, then (even though the boat is stationary) you can't open the hold. The game considers the boat to still be moving after you say "[some direction] ONE" until you tell it to stop. This is why I put a stop after every "forward right one". That being said, it is just as easy to say "stop" if you need to open the hold, I just personally prefer to have it all automated.

for #3, most people DO make multiple macros. The only reason I keep it all as one macro, including the attack part, is so my fishers can keep fishing while they're attacking the serps. Sometimes, I can be pulling up new monsters while killing others, so it makes the mostly dull fishing time a little more exciting for a second. Plus, it's neat to end up with a pile of corpses around my boat. :p Also, if your attack macro is set to a hotkey, then you don't have to take the time to stop your fishing macro. If you hit a hotkey that's assigned to a macro, then Razor will stop whatever the current macro is and play the hotkeyed macro. Just flip thru your screens and hit your hotkeys. It'll save you a step for each fisher.

Welcome to your new life at sea, my friend! Maybe I'll see you out on the water. Keep an eye out on the forums for fishing tournaments. Lots of prizes get handed out when they are going on. I've never been hunting in a dungeon (other than running down some elves during the Christmas events). I hit the water as soon as my time in the Young program was over and I've never looked back.
    Azerothian likes this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Added a short video demonstrating the fisher mage turret feature of the Kirby Fishing System
  7. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

It is ok someone explained "mage turret" to me. I guess I have never played games like that.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  8. Azerothian

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Azerothian

Annoyingly, even if I have ticked stack at feet, it puts all the fish in my backpack unless there is a fish of the same type (1 of 4) already at my feet and so, if the stacks decay then it goes back to keeping them in my pack. :(
  10. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I think your pack has to be empty without any fish before you enable stack at feet. I've never had any issues with fish stacking.
  11. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

If there's any fish in your pack, it will continue stacking all fish of that type in your pack. @Ahirman is correct, take all fish out of your pack before you start fishing.

Also, stacks don't decay as long as you are putting things into them. Every time an item gets added to a stack, of "refreshes" the stack. I've fished for 12 hours and more with a stack at my feet.

Also if you cross the "server line" (the invisible lines at the edges of the map), the fish will start stacking in your pack for some reason.
    Ahirman likes this.
  12. Azerothian

I do put all fish on the floor and the macro stacks them at my feet but then I come back a few hours later after a long-sleep and there is nothing at my feet and a LOT of fish in my backpack. Never mind. Must be just me.