Kirby's Fishing Tales

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Kirby, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Tale #1: "forward right one"

forwardrightone.png

So, I have my fishing macro set to say "forward right one" when the fish aren't biting. I had just killed a serp and was trying to loot the corpse, but my other 2 fishers macros were still going so the following exchange happened. (cursing is bleeped)

**open corpse**
    "forward right one"
    "back left"
    **open corpse**
    "forward right one"
    "forward right one"
    "back left"
    **open corpse**
    "forward right one"
    "BACK LEFT"
    **open corpse**
    "forward right one"
    "forward right one"
    "BACK F*****G LEFT"
    "BACK LEFT"
    "forward right one"
    "BACK LEFT"
    "forward right one"
    "GODD****T BACK F*****G LEFT"
    "forward right one"
    "BACK LEFT"
    "f**k this i'm stopping my macros"

I ended up lolling so hard irl that I couldn't see through all the tears.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

hey! Im in a picture :D
  3. Cordelia Black

I was the muscle btw,
    *Plays highway to the danger zone*
    eherruh, Jupiter and Jean-Pierre like this.
  4. Cordelia Black

A kraken fell. Surely more tales to come! And quotes!
  5. Cordelia Black

post more quotes and tales damnit!
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Tale #2: "Random small fish"

This is an odd one. So I'm out on the ocean, in the middle of friggin nowhere, when my boat stops. I take a quick walk out on the plank to take a look and find this:

smfish.png

The fish don't decay, they can't be moved or stolen, and they block boat movement. Not sure where they came from or why they're there, but if you want to go see for yourself, I included the UOAM location.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Cordelia Black, Jupiter and Bloodlust like this.
  7. Cordelia Black

Looking forward to more and even joint / fleet fishing haha :)
  8. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Tale #3: "Deep Serp Gangbang"

Unfortunately, there's no pictures to go along with this tale. During the incident, I didn't get a chance to snap any.

The 3 K$C Master Baiters (Kirby, Nicky, and Regis) were sailing along. The fish were biting well, but the larger creatures seemed to be staying too deep to pull up. I decided to go read something on a website I like, and leave them to their devices. I lost track of time and when I came back, I found 3 dead fishers, a deep sea serpent corpse, and 4 live deep sea serpents surrounding my boat.

I logged out the fisher that is on my main account, then spent the next 5 minutes frantically PMing everyone I could think of on IRC. It was, like 4am, so that was a waste of time.

Once my fisher timed out, I logged on my main Kirby. He's a peacemaker merchant, whos main purpose is to hold my gold, own my main house, make shopping runs for me, and handle business transactions...also to look good. He's tailor made to do well in town, and survive short bouts out in the wilderness. He's certainly not made for taking on 4 DSS at once.

I recalled to my boat and immediately started spamming Peacemaking. The creatures looked my way, then chilled out. Taking this opportunity, I started casting energy bolt, taking out one DSS at a time. The issue I ran into was that while spamming Peace, I couldn't meditate, so I had to wait while my mana slowly regained passively. During these passive mediation times, I moved things around on my boat to keep them from decaying.

Eventually, I was able to kill all 4 of them, loot their corpses, and get my fishers resurrected. Usually when I come across ONE deep sea serpent, I have 2 of my fishers automatically spam ebolt at it, while I cast exp-EB combos at it with my main fisher. Tonight, in a moment of desperation, I used my towny char to singlehandedly take on 4 at once...and won.

If that's not a tale worth passing on to the masses, I'm not sure what is.
    The Crooked Warden and Jupiter like this.
  9. Cordelia Black

Im sorry but i was asleep at the time,however...
    i think its way more epic that you took them all out yourselves on a character not even really meant to fight anything let alone 4 Deep sea serpents at once lol.

A tall but true tale indeed! :) @Jupiter something for the oral history of Paw's? :)