Let's talk Night of Horrors early strategy

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lumbo, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

So eventually I went through enough corpses to find an axe but for the first 10-15 minutes I was just kind of running around useless. What's the strategy early on for you guys?
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Similar but I looted enough metal crap to have a smith turn some of it into an axe each for my son and me and keep the rest for his trouble. Took long enough that most of the mobs were missed. Caught a few and had a good time, but did feel a little lost.

Lots learnt for the next one though I think.

Edit - 340 iron ingots from scrounging the event area afterwards. Not too bad.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    One and Lumbo like this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Lumbo and Black Tortoise like this.
  4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

I diddnt bother looking for the perfect weapon, I grabbed the first thing that came my way (shepherd's crook)

Got almost a full suit of leather within the first few moments, never a helm tho

Then I found a meat cleaver in a barrel, and went to town on some skeles. I died a lot in the beginning. It was disorienting but I just following my team's robes around and seemed to do OK.

Then someone handed me a hatchet when I asked a mob for an axe.

Then I finally found an axe, this is about 5 minutes into the gorefest.

Once i had a decent axe, I kept my eyes open for bandage sources, but mostly concentrated on zerging with my robe color and doing as much dps as possible. I died a lot less than I thought I would. I mostly only died when I got seperated from group and some superzombie would thwack me.
    Macabre- and Lumbo like this.
  5. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Will search you out next time.

Any way to change robe color if I draw a different shade?
  6. OreHound

OreHound Well-Known Member

I plan to be on my GM crafter (Feng Shui) for the 8pm one. Is the town always Britain, and do I run like the wind towards the blacksmith and wait for customers at the forge?
  7. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

I just did my first event today so definitely could be wrong... but I think it's always in Britain, and everyone starts at a building with a couple of places to do blacksmith stuff. I'd imagine smiths hang out there. I don't recall seeing too many people at the actual Britain blacksmith.
  8. OreHound

Thanks @Lumbo that's good to know. I was watching the player video in the NoH thread and was getting a little freaked out/awed by the huge swarm of walking corpses and specters packed in the blacksmith shop area. I couldn't figure out how any smith/tailor could last long enough to craft anything there! :p
  9. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Ha yeah it was a bit rough to start but after that first wave is cleaned out I think it's a pretty safe place to be.
  10. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

Kill kill kill. Heal & shit. Kill kill kill
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  11. OreHound

You forgot "Die die die." ;)
    Airin likes this.
  12. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Do you auto-rez when dying? I only died once in the final boss room when a blood necromancer locked onto me and I couldn't move anywhere. Ran out to find a healer and was rezzed. Wasn't sure a mage casted a spell or it auto-rezzed me.
  13. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

You auto rez to a nearby spawn point about 10 seconds after death.
    One and Lumbo like this.
  14. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Crafters could go to chamber of virtues typically in Brit where all of the "instanced" wall clocks reside in Fell. That is if they setup ahead of time, letting people know for a concession after the event they'll craft them items in the event. Always take the crafter materials for items. Know ahead of time what you want made and how much it will take in raw materials to craft.
  15. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

One more question. There was a map posted of the area where different monsters were, and it was numbered with 11 or 12 being Balan the final boss. Do people follow those numbers 1 by 1? Lost my team for a bit in the middle of it and wasn't sure where to go.
    Talon Karde likes this.
  16. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    One, Black Tortoise and Lumbo like this.
  17. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

it would be handy and useful if anyone who killed a corpse and had no use for bandies chucked them on the ground and other people had scavenger macros set to auto pick them up.

I was doing that with any regs bags I found and then spamming REG BAG REG BAG a few times till someone managed to get them.

It obviously works best if you're in a team.

At the beginning though just grab as much armour as you can find in that house to give to a smith at the shrine and ask nicely if you could have a weapon made.

Remember who they were and tip them out at the end. If you don't you may find yourself unable to get a GM weapon at a future round....people remember if you're a jerk.

Seriously. Tip them out.
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  18. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

I never met anyone in NoH that does not need bandies for himself of someone in his group. So I would not count on that too much Sheepdog. I take some stuff for the group, or just leave it on corpse, if we dont need it. those usually get checked by multiple people :D
  19. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

Any tips on how to find cloth and bandies?
  20. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Chests and loot on mobs. Mummy drops some too, but those are usually taken real fast.