Leveling, Experience and Perks

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Guerry, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Guerry

Guerry Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Sorry for spelling but english is not my 1st language and i have never been schooled into it actually i only now what i have learned in games and movies xD, hope u understand my idea. I been Playing for 3 weeks on this server, and find it very cool so far, but one hard to ignore part, that seems to trouble every one and scare away a lot of new players is the lack of love to the non-tamer comunity, i used to play like 8 years ago on a server called Deus Ovis, now closed, but it was a sphere UO aswell, and one thing i rememver, that was so entertaining, time comsuming and rewarding, was PvM with Melees to level up ur character, there was a system to give exp point on each kill depending on the monster and perks acoording to your level. For example:

Lvl 10 : 10% less dmg from monsters.
    Lvl 20 : 10% more dmg to monsters
    Lvl 30 : 20% less
    Lvl 40 : 20% more
    Lvl 50 : 40% chance to be healed to 50% hp when a hit would otherwise kill u
    Lvl 60 : 10% more chance for critical hits.
    Lvls 15, 25, 35, etc could be cool usefull stuff like less dmg to ur armor weapon, faster bandie to ur self...etc etc till level 100. Balance this so at level 100 u can do as much as a tamer does with 2 dragons and a mare trained to GM and even a lil better if u r wearing top armors, weapons since u are actually risking something other than regs and bandies. And ofcourse make it so a level 100 is HARD to get like 1 year hard so ppl can keep the interest for a while, also make so only the person, pet or what ever that gets the killing blow, gets the exp, so thers no leveling by spaming sumons afk or sitting with pets on a spawn, just my idea, this used to make ppl forget about their pets and get on their asses to actually play and not just "all kill" "heal pet" macro and AFK. I alredy have 2 100 tamers, one mage and one melee as i figure out the first week i wasnt going anywere as a melee only xD. Just my idea hope u like it, is a bit pointless to hunt for such as cool weapons and armors just to throw em away since theres no point using em to kill something u can easily tackle with ur mare+dragons.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Very cool idea. The biggest problem though is the non-existent tanking ability of dexxers, while keeping damage output up. So anything that increases armor vs mobs and mob spellcasts would be great. The damage output can be pretty high.

The OPs idea would actually favour people that play much. And with such high levels of experience its about playing IMMENSELY MUCH.

How about something like a virtue system? You kill a certain amount of mobs thus increase one of the non-used virtues (similar to the experience and levels in the OP) and then can use the virtue points for 30 minutes of cool buffs: decreasing melee and spell dmg of the certain type of monsters you killed. E.g. you could farm 30 minutes daemons, and use that acquired points to be able to farm 30 minutes long balrons without being crushed.
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Heretic

Heretic Well-Known Member

My avatar speaks for itself. Anything, anything at all that comes to level dexxers (my favorite and only style of playing PvM) with other classes (tamers specifically) has my support and the OP idea is great. I'd really like to see any kind of effort from the server to address this subject.
  4. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member

SKAH! DIS PANZEE BLAH!!!

Our orc clans are all but wiped out but if something like this were implemented orcs would be unstoppable with numbers...and still I don't like it. If you want the same damage output a tamer has you could always roll a tamer. I might be alone but I like options and different playstyles. Give me bolas...and I'll give you dead tamers.

(I could be wrong about this, but my instinct is against anything that smells like trammel)
  5. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I don't like this.

This is a multiplayer online game, you need other people to do certain things and imho, dungeon crawling is and should be one of them.

If we empower everyone to be able to solo, where's the point of playing "multi"player games?

Comes from a dexxer by the way.
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  6. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Leveling is such a bad word... Reminds me of EverQuest and other such horrible games!
  7. BlackEye

@Vishakt: You know, with that reasoning of yours, it makes no sense to introduce something like bolas ... you know, you want dead tamers, then don't roll as orc...

Anyway, the damage output of dexxers isnt the problem here. With the right (and very expensive) slayers, you can get high dmg output. You still risk so incredibly much more in value than any tamer ever has to risk.

It's just that it is impossible to kill certain mobs as dexxer (especially some of the custom-made UOR bosses). If you want to experience that gameplay, your only choice is to create a tamer, and that sucks.

@Nymeros: Any disco tamer can kill any mob solo right now. That said, on UOR 3 accounts are possible to use at the same time, and there have been increased sighting of 3x simultaneous playing tamers lately. This means, tamers can not only kill any mob, they even can 3-account-solo champs.

Either dexxers should be buffed, or tamers significantly nerfed (e.g. with expensive items that have to be used up for commanding dragons or less healing for dragons, so that cross-healing is necessary). A real need to group with other people for endgame content would be nice.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Nymeros likes this.
  8. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Yes. Tamers are way OP'd. Make dragons take 5, mares take 4 slot therefore limiting people to 1 dragon or 2 mares max, (assuming dragons>mares) and you got it covered.
    Basoosh and BlackEye like this.
  9. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Concept cool.

Everything OP said for level perks, horrible.
    BlackEye likes this.
  10. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I like this idea, though I don't think 1 dragon and 1 mare is too ridiculous. My vote would be dragon @ 5 and mare @ 3.
  11. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Would be great if there was a pet that anyone could tame that could be used for tanking. Maybe a beetle with 800HP (No packs) or some other monster.
  12. Geo

Geo Active Member

its a cool idea OP but I wouldn't like it. I've seen that kind of thing before and its nice but I actually like the basic feel of this iteration of UO. The problem is just that tamers need to be NERFED. :mad:
    Heretic and BlackEye like this.
  13. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    The Musician and Theodin like this.
  14. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Kinda got used to playing on so many free servers I agree with ya. I've fought way too many tamers on servers that had evolve pets and shadow wyrms etc and that type of shit makes you happy to see regular drags and a mare
    I just remembered how annoying a 60+ dmg fireball from 12 tiles away was, and the pets were super aggressive almost like white wyrms
    The Musician likes this.
  15. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

Dexxers should not be able to kill every single monster out there. Period.

I played over a year on this server before I ever made a tamer and I made millions and millions. Period.

I don't like nerfing of things so in other words instead of making a certain class less powerful make the weaker class more powerful to an extent.

Really and truly if slayers weapons weren't so friggin hard to get this would be a complete non issue so there sounds like a compromise to me....have slayers spawn more IE in treasure maps but it looks as though that isn't going to happen either.
  16. BlackEye

You don't need more slayer weapons! They are just for FASTER farming of the stuff that you can farm anyway. There are more ways for increased dmg, e.g. if you utilize provo correctly, that's a huge dmg boost while farming.

The problem is that you cant fight many monsters as dexxer. Even with barding skills, you are severely limited. That's especially bad, if you want to collect statuettes or rare drops or just want to kill high-end bosses.
  17. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

No beetles, please! Those things look awful.
  18. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

YOU LOOK AWFUL!
  19. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Make high end slayer weapons more accessible and make parry more worthwhile :)
    Theodin likes this.
  20. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

For anyone interested, dexxer/tamer hybrids are a ton of fun to play. Let pets tank while you dish out damage with your stabby weapon of choice. Meanwhile, you can have bandages looping on your pets.

animal taming
    animal lore
    vet
    magery
    meditation or anatomy
    swords
    tactics