Light the Way - A Paws adventure

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Despite his willing surrender to the authority of the Knights of the Council and their extraordinarily convenient hospitality, Dun Scaith was still growing restless. While he had books that would take his mind over vast distances, it did not change that his body was trapped in a room that he could pace 1,000 times in less than a half hour.

With all this new information, he was quickly developing theories and ideas and potential methods to contest this Baerron Jael. But there was little he could do trapped in his cursed cell.

"Jupiter!," he called through the stones, "I know I'm meant to stay confined, but I've a theory that we must explore without delay. Can you create an official request for a temporary release from this cell?"

"Dun Scaith, I can do no such thing. You know that any such activities would only further complicate the charges against you," Jupiter responded through the stone.

A few moments after however, a stranger appeared at the detention center, with a gift of drumsticks large enough to feed a small battalion, and also to conceal a rather convincing decoy.
    Dun Scaith grinned as he accepted the thanksgiving feast, and made preparations to... wander out that evening. So long as he returned before the decoy was discovered, there would be no questions.

Once in Paws, Dun Scaith arrived with a man from Belflas of Waffleton. The brave man agreed to lend his ax, despite having no knowledge of what danger lay ahead. The man insisted on proving his ability to fight, and thus they dueled in Buc's Den while searching for lanterns.

The plan, as most of Jupiter's, was brilliantly simple: obtain a large quantity of light sources, place them in Deceit and light the place up completely.

The first floor was alighted without effort and gave Jupiter courage that perhaps they could delve in deeper. However, it seemed their light, as bright as it was, could not prevail upon the darkness that the Lich Lord's have over countless years been casting over that dark dungeon.

They fought bravely, but alas, this was a battle that would have to be continued later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

(not my best writing, I know, but, I wanted to share how neat Lich Lords looks with dark nights. I did edit the part out where the Lich Lords... advanced on us) haha
    Dun Scaith and Ragar like this.
  3. Dun Scaith

Dun Scaith Well-Known Member

ehem! and the snakes.. yes good to edit those out.
    Jupiter likes this.